Mass Deportations? That sure sounds like fascism, probably because it is.

Reminds me of the Fugitive Slave Law on steroids. Or the "cleansing" of the Warsaw Ghetto. It would obviously--to intelligent people--be a major blow to the economy. But MAGA don't care. It would simply be government hate in action.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/us/politics/trump-2025-immigration-agenda.html

Former President Donald J. Trump is planning an extreme expansion of his first-term crackdown on immigration if he returns to power in 2025 — including preparing to round up undocumented people already in the United States on a vast scale and detain them in sprawling camps while they wait to be expelled.

The plans would sharply restrict both legal and illegal immigration in a multitude of ways.

Mr. Trump wants to revive his first-term border policies, including banning entry by people from certain Muslim-majority nations and reimposing a Covid 19-era policy of refusing asylum claims — though this time he would base that refusal on assertions that migrants carry other infectious diseases like tuberculosis.

He plans to scour the country for unauthorized immigrants and deport people by the millions per year.

To help speed mass deportations, Mr. Trump is preparing an enormous expansion of a form of removal that does not require due process hearings. To help Immigration and Customs Enforcement carry out sweeping raids, he plans to reassign other federal agents and deputize local police officers and National Guard soldiers voluntarily contributed by Republican-run states.

• Vomit 2

Posted (edited)

So many silly strawmen.

In summary it's called enforcing laws. 

And for real, that's just the NYT doing fear pieces with NO sources named.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

So many silly strawmen.

In summary it's called enforcing laws. 

And for real, that's just the NYT doing fear pieces with NO sources named.

So its a strawman or just Nazi law enforcement? It's MAGA

• Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Reminds me of the Fugitive Slave Law on steroids. Or the "cleansing" of the Warsaw Ghetto. It would obviously--to intelligent people--be a major blow to the economy. But MAGA don't care. It would simply be government hate in action.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/us/politics/trump-2025-immigration-agenda.html

Former President Donald J. Trump is planning an extreme expansion of his first-term crackdown on immigration if he returns to power in 2025 — including preparing to round up undocumented people already in the United States on a vast scale and detain them in sprawling camps while they wait to be expelled.

The plans would sharply restrict both legal and illegal immigration in a multitude of ways.

Mr. Trump wants to revive his first-term border policies, including banning entry by people from certain Muslim-majority nations and reimposing a Covid 19-era policy of refusing asylum claims — though this time he would base that refusal on assertions that migrants carry other infectious diseases like tuberculosis.

He plans to scour the country for unauthorized immigrants and deport people by the millions per year.

To help speed mass deportations, Mr. Trump is preparing an enormous expansion of a form of removal that does not require due process hearings. To help Immigration and Customs Enforcement carry out sweeping raids, he plans to reassign other federal agents and deputize local police officers and National Guard soldiers voluntarily contributed by Republican-run states.

I hope he starts with you...

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So its a strawman or just Nazi law enforcement? It's MAGA

So where are the names?  who confirmed this?

Na, its just the NYT doing the usual fear angle to keep the base scared and easily manipulated.

would you vote for someone that promised to re educate them maga scum?

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So where are the names?  who confirmed this?

Na, its just the NYT doing the usual fear angle to keep the base scared and easily manipulated.

would you vote for someone that promised to re educate them maga scum?

I thought this was just enforcing the law?

Can’t wait for the MAGAs to get their dream of rounding up brown people. That’s their ideal America; minorities should be confined in ghettos where they don’t have to look at them. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

^^^^^^^^^^ has to be being intentionally obtuse.

Wait, you support Trump and complain about obtuseness? 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Can’t wait for the MAGAs to get their dream of rounding up brown people. That’s their ideal America; minorities should be confined in ghettos where they don’t have to look at them. 

You do realize Joey is a racist mother******. Right!

5b1sxo.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Its more like I and many don't support the DEM/corporate policies or their results.

And dont really care what their puppets (that have only been wrong for years now) try to say.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

HAHAHAHA!   Wait, wait for it...does your husband know that you are using wifi in the kitchen when you're supposed to be cooking and cleaning?  

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

I hate having to be the self-appointed Voice of Reason. But here we go again:

- the language is needlessly offensive. Not sure if it's coming from the campaign, from think tank fellow travelers, or from so-called MSM reports. But "round-up' is simply not helpful. It's not helpful because it implies "to hell with the law, we're rounding 'em up and shipping 'em out")

- to the extent they mean "arresting and detaining those under orders of deportation," well, then, that is the law. The fact that the Biden Administration wishes to be selective about how they enforce those orders doesn't mean there's anything unlawful about doing it. I would like to see a little bit of discretion applied here in which orders to immediately enforce (classic case: single mom, one kid still under 18, why not wait until that kid is of age?), but a whole lot less discretion than the Biden Administration has seen fit to grant.

- to the extent that they're drumming up new infectious diseases to support a new invocation of Title 42 and a denial of the right to seek asylum or go through the mandated deportation process: that strikes me as cynical very likely unlawful. There are statutory remedies like detaining people until they clear a health review that aren't as drastic and that would probably better protect public health. I am never in favor of cheating a little on the law. The law is (or at least should be) the law.

So there. Maybe I'm too optimistic in saying that 98% of Americans would agree with me here? (with the remaining 2% being vastly overrepresented on PPP?)

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

- to the extent that they're drumming up new infectious diseases to support a new invocation of Title 42 and a denial of the right to seek asylum or go through the mandated deportation process: that strikes me as cynical very likely unlawful. There are statutory remedies like detaining people until they clear a health review that aren't as drastic and that would probably better protect public health. I am never in favor of cheating a little on the law. The law is (or at least should be) the law.

Kinda why the massive port of calls back in the day that all our relatives went through. Had Medical Isolation ships in the harbors to hold people that were found to be sick when screened. they also shipped back known criminals.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

5b1sxo.jpg

Can you name one policy of his presidency that is “racist” or are you going to use a meme from some basement-tier right wing website 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

5b1sxo.jpg

Those facts upset it.  So it will attack you or the meme vs the fact he has said all that an more. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I hate having to be the self-appointed Voice of Reason. But here we go again:

- the language is needlessly offensive. Not sure if it's coming from the campaign, from think tank fellow travelers, or from so-called MSM reports. But "round-up' is simply not helpful. It's not helpful because it implies "to hell with the law, we're rounding 'em up and shipping 'em out")

Really? Creating sprawling camps to concentrate the illegal ones is not "rounding up" people?