Note to the Jets:

Yeah, all these teams are having a terrible time competing with the sub-.500 Yankees and their 200 million dollar payroll.  Games have never been won at the bank.

Don't be a fool......... You cannot be serious. Analyze those 26 World Championships.

The  Bankees are stiffing tecnically MLB.......... brilliant plan. :doh:

360815[/snapback]

Why are they stiffing MLB?

Why doesn't, say, the owner in KC put everything back into the Royals?

The Yankees are truly loyal to their team and attempt to put the best product out there... What is wrong with that? And now a new stadium for the players and fans. Isn't that what it is all about?

No quarter asked, no quarter given.

Ya, but you are right... The Yankees should think of the health of the league while the other owners are still getting rich!

It is a game and a business... It is okay to squash (or attempt to) your competition.

Go Yankees!

:unsure::angry:

Don't be a fool.........  You cannot be serious.  Analyze those 26 World Championships.

360816[/snapback]

Those were the 26 won... What about the lost championships?

For a long time in baseball, there was no playoff... Just the two best teams in each league going to the WS (which should happen today, IMO).

The  Bankees are stiffing tecnically MLB.......... brilliant plan. :unsure:

360815[/snapback]

Right. By building their own stadium OUT OF POCKET they're stiffing MLB. Wah. So the Royals and Reds can't be playing on the Yankees dime? Boo fricking hoo. They don't even TRY to be competitive.

Right. By building their own stadium OUT OF POCKET they're stiffing MLB. Wah. So the Royals and Reds can't be playing on the Yankees dime? Boo fricking hoo. They don't even TRY to be competitive.

360826[/snapback]

Exactly right! We don't agree on much... Nothing wrong with the owners opening their pocketbook to make their team competitive.

They have the resources, just don't want to use them.

That is where I draw the line. We are supposed to believe that this "Rich man's club" can't compete with the evil Yankees? Ha!

How much did Boston spend last year?

Don't be a fool.........  You cannot be serious.  Analyze those 26 World Championships.

360816[/snapback]

I prefer to remember the 1980s/early '90s when they spent a whole lot of money and didn't win ANYTHING. Or the other litany of examples in professional sports like the Rangers, Redskins, Marlins, Lightening, etc that are contrary to the mean ol' Yankees.

But it's alot easier to whine about it like you do.

I am one that would love a salary cap to make it a more level playing field. But I tend to agree with the posts in this thread that those little teams taking the tax money given to them for the Yankees overspending and putting it into their pockets nad not their teams is a BIG problem. They should HAVe to put it back into thier teams and not their pockets. That is why they cant compete its not the overspending of the Yankees and Red Sox. Its them not putting the cash they get into their teams.

There's nothing wrong with the Yankees doing whatever it takes to win within the existing framework in baseball. I do not begrudge them for this. I also do not begrudge Yankee fans wanting the best financial situation for their team.

However, even if the Reds, Devil Rays, Royals and other small market teams did spend all that they could, they still would be maybe at most a third of the Yankee payroll. As a baseball fan, you have to see that the current financial disparities make it much more difficult for most small-market teams to remain competitive. Certainly small market teams can compete if they have very good management, but they are much less likely to consistenly be good and have much smaller margin for error. Make a mistake on your DH/1B if you are the Yankees, you just sign someone new for another 15 million next time. If you are the Royals, that 15 million mistake can set back your team for years due to gauranteed contracts.

The importance of local television revenue makes it difficult for a revenue sharing system like the NFL, but a few things can be done to improve the situation without dramatically altering revenue sharing.

1. Implement a rookie salary cap so that small market teams can draft players based on talent, not based on signability.

2. Put in a minimum salary cap so that small market teams cannot just pocket luxury tax and shared revenues.

3. Cut down the large markets by increasing the number of teams located in the major media markets.

Give me a break!

Gee... It is so bad that the Yankees put all their profits back into the team and players wages.

Maybe you can tell the owners in TB, KC, Pitt, and Oak to do that!  They get 30 mil and payout 29.7 mil... Is that all they made last year in profit?  Smells like "welfare" for the owners!

Sports and all the whining has become a joke!

360800[/snapback]

Amen. Why should it be up to the yankees to foot the bill for other clubs payrolls. I say let the weak teams die then the talent pool wont be so diluted and baseball will be extremely competitive. with less jobs there are fewer Jose Lima's in the league who have a career ERA over 5 and a salary of 2.5 million, fifteen years ago this guy spends two maybe three years in the show. But with 30 teams there are 150+ starting pitching jobs and Jose Lima gets one. Sorry to go on a tangent but the royals, bucs, d-rays et al need to be banished from baseball.

Amen.  Why should it be up to the yankees to foot the bill for other clubs payrolls.  I say let the weak teams die then the talent pool wont be so diluted and baseball will be extremely competitive. with less jobs there are fewer Jose Lima's in the league who have a career ERA over 5 and a salary of 2.5 million, fifteen years ago this guy spends two maybe three years in the show.  But with 30 teams there are 150+ starting pitching jobs and Jose Lima gets one.  Sorry to go on a tangent but the royals, bucs, d-rays et al need to be banished from baseball.

361567[/snapback]

Totally agree. Less teams.

Football would be no different. And people shouldn't cry the Bills couldn't make it. With a fiscally sound owner like RW... Buffalo would be fine!