The Truth vs. Alex Jones - A Must Watch

What a disgusting individual. Watch it (HBO/MAX) and see if you recognize some of the behavior and the mode of argument that always goes back to "what about Iraq" or "what about Benghazi." As if that justifies slandering parents of victims of a horrific school shooting.

Alex Jones conspiratorial followers actually visit the graves of these kids and piss on them (saying they're empty anyway) or try to dig them up to "prove" that Sandy Hook was fake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What a disgusting individual. Watch it (HBO/MAX) and see if you recognize some of the behavior and the mode of argument that always goes back to "what about Iraq" or "what about Benghazi." As if that justifies slandering parents of victims of a horrific school shooting.

Alex Jones conspiratorial followers actually visit the graves of these kids and piss on them (saying they're empty anyway) or try to dig them up to "prove" that Sandy Hook was fake.

Oooh hadn't heard about this thanks.

I'm pretty sure he's a hero to our right wing conspiracy loving geniuses.  

Come a long way from predicting a massive terror attack about two months before 9/11, right down to naming Bin Laden. Of course he likely ripped it off from Bill Cooper and then followed up after 9/11 with the stock fearmongering about more false flags and suitcase nukes and martial law. At least Cooper had the decency to put his money where his mouth was and get killed by the government. 

That said, the show trial/humiliation ritual he sat through was a joke. 

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

That said, the show trial/humiliation ritual he sat through was a joke. 

Watch the documentary. He was rude, belligerent, totally unsympathetic right to the end.

The only "show" was his attempt to turn the trial into further sales of his snake oil products.

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks for sharing. Didn’t realize this was a thing. I’ll have to watch it as soon as I have time. 

Alex Jones is a garbage human and anyone who believes him is also garbage. 

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Watch the documentary. He was rude, belligerent, totally unsympathetic right to the end.

The only "show" was his attempt to turn the trial into further sales of his snake oil products.

I guess more close to my meaning would be something like “you’re never going to convince me that being mean is worth one billion dollars.”

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I guess more close to my meaning would be something like “you’re never going to convince me that being mean is worth one billion dollars.”

If your child was murdered at school and then you had to endure harassment and threats because a moron who was popular with other morons was making bank by saying that you made the whole thing up and your kid either never existed or wasn’t actually killed, what kind of damages do you think would be reasonable to get the idiot to stop ruining your life?

Edited by ChiGoose

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

If your child was murdered at school and then you had to endure harassment and threats because a moron who was popular with other morons was making bank by saying that you made the whole thing up and your kid either never existed or wasn’t actually killed, what kind of damages do you think would be reasonable to get the idiot to stop ruining your life?

Is a billion dollar debt more effective than prison? Because last I checked Jones still manages to talk on the internet. 

7 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Is a billion dollar debt more effective than prison? Because last I checked Jones still manages to talk on the internet. 

Last time I checked, the suit was a civil case and not a criminal one. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Last time I checked, the suit was a civil case and not a criminal one. 

And again, a civil judgment in excess of one billion dollars for being mean is essentially a star chamber decision. 

You asked what I would want in the above scenario. I answered. I would also accept public caning or the stocks. Hell, we could form up a good old fashioned mob and do the caning ourselves and save the taxpayers some money. What I wouldn’t want is an arbitrary decision that, in the end, amounts to a moral victory where everyone can clap and feel good about themselves for not being Alex Jones except for me, because there still isn’t any justice and my kid is still dead. At least with prison time, caning, etc. I get some justice. 

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

And again, a civil judgment in excess of one billion dollars for being mean is essentially a star chamber decision. 

You asked what I would want in the above scenario. I answered. I would also accept public caning or the stocks. Hell, we could form up a good old fashioned mob and do the caning ourselves and save the taxpayers some money. What I wouldn’t want is an arbitrary decision that, in the end, amounts to a moral victory where everyone can clap and feel good about themselves for not being Alex Jones except for me, because there still isn’t any justice and my kid is still dead. At least with prison time, caning, etc. I get some justice. 

Well, if Jones didn’t want such a big judgment against him, maybe he should have actually participated in discovery. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, if Jones didn’t want such a big judgment against him, maybe he should have actually participated in discovery. 

32 minutes ago, LeviF said:

You could have just read my post to begin with and saved us both some time. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, some of these huge judgments are largely symbolic. That doesn't render them pointless. The civil suit against OJ seems to have resulted in virtually no monetary recovery, but I would never say it was pointless.

Maybe if our legal system actually worked to enforce judgments there would be an argument that a billion dollars is excessive. How Alex Jones hasn't had every possible stream of income/assets attached/garnished is beyond me.

Edited by The Frankish Reich