Question for stats folks re: Bills/Chiefs game?

Simon

Has anybody happened to see what Mahomes average time to throw was in that game, or how that might have compared to how fast he was getting the ball out during the regular season?

I know the DE's (aside from Rousseau) were not good that day, but I get the sense that the Bills corners and LBs couldn't have covered a corpse with a circus tent and that was the primary issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Looking back on it without looking back on it I think he has much cleaner passing lanes in the rematch. The schemes were more deliberate to put receivers into positions to execute plays.

I watched a few earlier chiefs games and it looked like sandlot ball with mahomes having to find the receivers.

I recall Dan Marino and his pass attempts against a decent Bills line and Bruce Smith. Yea it get it’s not the same and 30+ years later but a great passer then might have some clues as how to stop him this past Sunday. The entire D line must have been fed some bad food as they were all slow.

Essentially all were useless.

Or, did someone get into their heads other than Mahomes? How can it be that the that the entire D line was spent as it was similar to the Cincinnati game of last year except back then it was almost the entire team. 

At the very least they should have been able to contain the run. They didn’t and that’s on our coach for two consecutive years.  

Just look at how many guys messed up in that game. You mean to tell me they are all that frail? No, I don’t by it but I do know that someone can mess with their heads. 

Diggs, Cook, Bass, receivers, defensive line and middle linebacker. 

See Tyler Dunne article and look up coach McDermott and stop living in winter wonderland. 

Coach needs to see a sports shrink. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.