Ricky's coming back? Best trade TH ...

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure a bunch of you will) but if Ricky Williams waits to get reinstated after 1 full year of retirement then he only has to miss 4 games. Will Miami trade him? I'm sure they will at some point in time, it will be just a matter of when. I wouldn't like to see Henry hanging around on the market and see another quality RB become available. The pre-season games could provide Travis Henry (and the Bills) the greatest opportunity for the highest value. Based of course on an injury befalling another team. If the Titans' Brown becomes injured again, then let it happen during this time. Could you imagine how they would really have to belly up for a fan favorite then? They would be grateful if it only costs a 3rd rder.

I don't know. How much would YOU give for a guy who sat out of football last year because he lost his desire to play, found it when he needed cash to pay the bills, lost 30# of weight and is not even CLOSE to being in football shape yet, and who will have to serve a 4-game suspension? Add to that that he said he wanted to play 1 or maybe 2 more years, and didn't want to be a workhorse. I wouldn't trade a thing for him.

I don't know.  How much would YOU give for a guy who sat out of football last year because he lost his desire to play, found it when he needed cash to pay the bills, lost 30# of weight and is not even CLOSE to being in football shape yet, and who will have to serve a 4-game suspension?  Add to that that he said he wanted to play 1 or maybe 2 more years, and didn't want to be a workhorse.  I wouldn't trade a thing for him.

356618[/snapback]

but...

but...

but...

i heard of him!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure a bunch of you will) but if Ricky Williams waits to get reinstated after 1 full year of retirement then he only has to miss 4 games. Will Miami trade him? I'm sure they will at some point in time, it will be just a matter of when. I wouldn't like to see Henry hanging around on the market and see another quality RB become available. The pre-season games could provide Travis Henry (and the Bills) the greatest opportunity for the highest value. Based of course on an injury befalling another team. If the Titans' Brown becomes injured again, then let it happen during this time. Could you imagine how they would really have to belly up for a fan favorite then? They would be grateful if it only costs a 3rd rder.

356609[/snapback]

We're dooooooooomed!!!!

Forget Travis. The guys running the show know a lot more than we do. It works that way in most places.

Methinks he'll either stay, or he'll go. Probably go, if he has his way. If not, he better friggen play when called upon. I'm not a big fan of egos.

Who the hell is going to touch Ricky Williams? Someone stupid. Besides Miami? And, Miami needs a hell of a lot more than Ricky.

Don't start with that "I heard of him" crap. That's really getting worn out.

As far as what I would give for Williams, I agree with you. I wouldn't give a wooden nickel for the guy, but that's a personal opinion and not a business one. Unfortunately in this day and age compensation is based on athleticism and not ideals. There will be SOME team that will be interested in this quitter.

As far as what I would give for Williams, I agree with you. I wouldn't give a wooden nickel for the guy, but that's a personal opinion and not a business one. Unfortunately in this day and age compensation is based on athleticism and not ideals. There will be SOME team that will be interested in this quitter.

The ONLY team I heard mentioned as being potentially interested in RW if he came back was the Raiders, but that was well before they signed Lamont Jordan to a ridiculously stupid deal. They're the only team interested in malcontents. I just don't see anyone trading a late draft pick at best for a guy who at least will miss 1/4 of the season, and needs to add a lot of weight/muscle and get himself into playing shape, both of which won't be easy.

356630[/snapback]

He'd have to have a year with Miami, first. And, I think real business people are smarter than that, if they're good.

The league is seriously diluted with mediocre players making a lot of money. Williams has a lot of talent...he's a damn good RB. But in the overall, I think he really shot himself in the foot.

356609[/snapback]

It's not necessary to trade Henry, and not worth it for what's been offered. McGahee has been a starter for two seasons(1 college, 1 pro) and suffered two major ligament injuries to a knee since his senior year in high school. I'd rather have a proven 1000 yard runner behind McGahee than a whopping 3rd-4th round pick in next years draft. This isn't a QB controversy, if Travis doesn't like it, so what? And it's not unmanageable cap-wise either. When he walks as a free agent, so be it. Some people act like missing out on a potential middle round draft pick is some kind of disaster. May well get one or two of those next spring in the form of compensatory picks anyway, after losing Williams and Jennings.

It's not necessary to trade Henry, and not worth it for what's been offered.  McGahee has been a starter for two seasons(1 college, 1 pro) and suffered two major ligament injuries to a knee since his senior year in high school.  I'd rather have a proven 1000 yard runner behind McGahee than a whopping 3rd-4th round pick in next years draft.  This isn't a QB controversy, if Travis doesn't like it, so what?  And it's not unmanageable cap-wise either.  When he walks as a free agent, so be it.

I'd agree with you IF I didn't believe that Travis intends to make good on his "I'll never play for the Bills again" statement. And even if he just sits out 8 games (to get a year towards UFA) and suits up for the rest, he's pretty much useless to the Bills.

356630[/snapback]

All these great "tips" of yours is what is really getting worn out.

NOBODY will trade for Williams. The guy will have to prove his worth with the Dolphins this year, AND make a committment for 3 or 4 years down the road before anyone would even consider picking him up.

Williams is poison. Any GM who makes a move for him this year is risking career suicide.

Methinks he'll either stay, or he'll go.

That's very insightful... ;)

You know something else? I think the Bills will either make the playoffs or won't make the playoffs this coming year. :huh:

CW

It's not necessary to trade Henry, and not worth it for what's been offered.  McGahee has been a starter for two seasons(1 college, 1 pro) and suffered two major ligament injuries to a knee since his senior year in high school.  I'd rather have a proven 1000 yard runner behind McGahee than a whopping 3rd-4th round pick in next years draft.  This isn't a QB controversy, if Travis doesn't like it, so what?  And it's not unmanageable cap-wise either.  When he walks as a free agent, so be it.  Some people act like missing out on a potential middle round draft pick is some kind of disaster.  May well get one or two of those next spring in the form of compensatory picks anyway, after losing Williams and Jennings.

356700[/snapback]

This is one of the rare instances where I disagree with you.

Travis doesn't want to be in Buffalo. The Bills do not need this type of distraction. Also, TD seems to love moving around in the draft. A pick for Travis and a comp pick or two could only help his cause. Not only that, the Bills lose almost every game in which Travis starts.

The most important factor (as I see it) is that I do not want to see Travis whiffing blocks on pass plays and getting JP killed. JP has no experience, and needs all the help he can get.

The Bills have invested their future in JP. He needs a back that can protect him, and enable his development. He does NOT need Travis Henry.

Jmo.