Allen was legendary (even better than 13 seconds Allen)

Einstein

14 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

much as Bass has been struggling nobody would have questioned them going for it instead  Think I trust Josh more to convert than Bass

Yet I have said almost all year that Bass was off and got argued with every week about it.  It took until KC playoff game for people to agree with me.

26 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

much as Bass has been struggling nobody would have questioned them going for it instead  Think I trust Josh more to convert than Bass

Some people would have, but I would have defended McD if he decided to keep the offense on the field.

PS, how many SB's would Allen have had with those Patriots dynasty teams? 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

I don't agree with the "nobody would have questioned them going for it" part.  While I personally think they should have gone for it, if we go for it on 4th down and don't get the 1st - meaning the game is over, many would have questioned why you didn't just take the field goal to extend the game.  It's a no-win situation, either way if you go for it and don't get the 1st down or you miss the field goal you're going to be blamed that it was the wrong decision.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:21 PM, HappyDays said:

Chris Jones makes game winning plays in the playoffs. The Bills have nobody like that. Nobody steps up in critical moments, only Allen and Shakir in this game. So frustrating.

Exactly. I feel like other teams have playmakers that step up and do something that can change the outcome. For us, it is Josh that is the playmaker. Closest thing i can think of is Von chasing after Mahomes last year, forcing him to throw and it got intercepted by Taron Johnson. Doesn't happen very often though.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:27 PM, Einstein said:

Allen was absolutely legendary tonight. Ran when he should have. Passed when he should have. Took the check down when he should have. He was darn near PERFECT.

67%, 258 total yards, 3 TD’s, 0 INT.

And against a top 5 Chiefs defense that was mostly healthy, unlike our mash unit.

Had Diggs and Sherfield played the game with NFL receiver hands, Allen would have had close to 400 yards of offense by himself.

And I don’t want to hear jack squat about his throw to the endzone on 2nd and 9. Allen had two good options on that play;

1) Shakir open in the endzone.

2) Diggs open on the crosser.

He chose Shakir, who had made several great catches during the game, over Diggs who had 2 drops during the game.

If Chris Jones didn’t push Dawkins into Allen’s side as he threw it, that would have been Allen’s 4th TD of the game.

Why do I believe he was better tonight that in the 13 seconds game? In that game, Allen by and large took advantage of the Chiefs falling over each other. Numerous slips and blown coverages. In this game, Allen was methodical tonight. 

Well done, perfect assessment. Shakir had separation and hadn’t had a drop in months, the fact that Dion got bull rushed into Josh’s ability to step into that throw was the biggest disappointment. Josh executed the game plan to perfection. Controlled the ball for 39 minutes, 78 plays to keep Mahomes on the sideline. Scored on 4 long drives and should’ve been 5 if Bass hits the chip shot. Undermanned defense gave up quick drives with little resistance. How unclutch was Diggs and Sherfield in that game. Very frustrating.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.