The expert media and their excuses

Stroke 17

Just now, BigDingus said:

Out of all the things people can rightfully criticize Allen for, this is the only real one imo.

And just like I posted in another thread, I can't get it out of my head that 1) Josh hasn't gone back-to-back games without at least one INT and 2) last week he had 0...

So history tells us he will throw at least one pick this week. Will it cost us the game? I don't know, but don't tune into sports talk shows for a couple weeks if it does.

Of course you do realize that the interceptions that have happened, have been the least detrimental to the team of any quarterback in the league. In other words, teams have scored the least amount of points off of Allen’s turnovers as compared to any other starting quarterback. To put it one other way, Allen’s interceptions happen at a time or place where the other team is unable to capitalize and realize those points from the turnover. I am also aware that we tend to win more when there are less interceptions, so there is a correlation. Maybe it’s defense exhaustion, but idk, hopefully it doesn’t happen and if it does, it’s not too detrimental and we still win…GO BILLS. Either way, he is not any more prone to interceptions than any other quarterback. He just has more, but that is just a numbers thing as he also has many more touchdowns too.

2 hours ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

Of course you do realize that the interceptions that have happened, have been the least detrimental to the team of any quarterback in the league. In other words, teams have scored the least amount of points off of Allen’s turnovers as compared to any other starting quarterback. To put it one other way, Allen’s interceptions happen at a time or place where the other team is unable to capitalize and realize those points from the turnover. I am also aware that we tend to win more when there are less interceptions, so there is a correlation. Maybe it’s defense exhaustion, but idk, hopefully it doesn’t happen and if it does, it’s not too detrimental and we still win…GO BILLS. Either way, he is not any more prone to interceptions than any other quarterback. He just has more, but that is just a numbers thing as he also has many more touchdowns too.

It is pretty amazing for someone that is supposedly an interception machine he hardly ever turns it over on his own side of the field or throws a pick six. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, finn said:

The OP is right about the anti-Bills, anti-Allen narratives out there. They stand in stark contrast to the narratives on KC, which are invariably positive or spin any negatives in a positive light. Doesn't reflect very well on the media figures perpetuating these narratives. They come across as not just lazy but cowardly as well. It would take initiative to say something new and courage to point out that (correctly) that Josh Allen has done more with less than anyone else in the league. 

Laziness and cowardice must be part of the job description. 

If anything, it's closer to the opposite. I hear almost nothing but positivity regarding the Bills and Allen, and often hyperbole. Even when they barely beat Easton Stick or the Patriots. Obviously Nick Wright is an exception, but that's mostly schtick. 

With KC, they're all saying "they've played badly all year, not what they used to be, offense sucks," etc. Meanwhile, they're 9th in total offense and have one of the best defenses in the league.

The media also crushed KC during their slump in 2021. They were flat out labeled a bad team and predicted to miss the playoffs, before finishing with 12 wins. And then the media crushed Mahomes after the 2nd half collapse vs the Bengals in the playoffs.

Outside of that, there's been a lot of positive media coverage for KC and Mahomes, yes. What would you expect?

• Agree 1

So many people here looking for things to be offended by.   There's approximately 85.780 NFL media "experts", out there, you can always find someone saying something you don't like.   Right now, the media is overwhelmingly positive about the Bills, it's not just Romo.   It you go to other fans message boards, they talk about how the media and referees are treating Josh Allen just like Bills fans talk about how the media and referees treat Mahomes.

Edited by Billy Claude

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

First it was Burrow has moved into a tier only Mahomes is on. 

Then the entire summer was endless Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Every single day he was the lead story. He was going to take over the conference. 

Rodgers lasted 4 snaps and then it became he’ll come back just in time to

save the Jets. 

Burrow got hurt 2-days into Training Camp and it was brushed aside as he always gets hurt in Training Camp and the Bengals always start slow. 

Then it was Tua in Week 3. The Dolphins had found the perfect QB for their system. 

Then the media moved onto Jalen Hurts. The Eagles weren’t as dominant as last year, but Hurts had matured. Then came the 49ers game and that ended. 

Then it became Dak, look at this scoring, Dallas is for real.

Then it went to Brock. The 49ers are dominant, he doesn’t make mistakes, until the 4-interception game against the Ravens.

And now the media has settled on Lamar. QB of the best team in the league. 

“Oh God, anybody but Allen”. 

“Why?”

”Uh uh…. He’s a turnover machine!”

”Whatever”

36 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

“Oh God, anybody but Allen”. 

I literally have never heard anyone say this.  Now, it is true I don't listen to Nick Wright who basically is a Skip Bayless wannabe so possibly he said it.

It seems many people here want to be offended if anyone say the Bills are not absolutely unbeatable or that Josh Allen is not quite perfect.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.