According to ESPN FPI projections, the Bills have the sixth best chances of making the playoffs

BillsFan619

11 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I don't get how we have better odds than Denver, but I'll trust it because it's what I want to hear! 😁

But can someone explain WHY our odds are higher? Denver's remaining schedule is:

1. Lions (Away)

2. Patriots (Home)

3. Chargers (Home)

4. Raiders (Away) 

Opponent Record 22-30

Versus Buffalo's:

1. Cowboys (Home)

2. Chargers (Away)

3. Patriots (Home)
4. Dolphins (Away)

Opponent Record: 27-25

We both have a 4-5 Conference Record, but they've got the head-to-head tie breaker...

ESPN even has us with a 24% chance to win our division and Denver only a 7% chance... despite them only being 1 game behind the 8-5 Chiefs in the West. We're sitting 2 games behind the Dolphins, so are our chances higher because we could sweep the Dolphins & the Broncos only split with KC? What am I missing?!?! 

Probably because we can get in as a Division winner and they cannot (most likely).

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I don't get how we have better odds than Denver, but I'll trust it because it's what I want to hear! 😁

But can someone explain WHY our odds are higher? Denver's remaining schedule is:

1. Lions (Away)

2. Patriots (Home)

3. Chargers (Home)

4. Raiders (Away) 

Opponent Record 22-30

Versus Buffalo's:

1. Cowboys (Home)

2. Chargers (Away)

3. Patriots (Home)
4. Dolphins (Away)

Opponent Record: 27-25

We both have a 4-5 Conference Record, but they've got the head-to-head tie breaker...

ESPN even has us with a 24% chance to win our division and Denver only a 7% chance... despite them only being 1 game behind the 8-5 Chiefs in the West. We're sitting 2 games behind the Dolphins, so are our chances higher because we could sweep the Dolphins & the Broncos only split with KC? What am I missing?!?! 

Probably taking into account, since Denver has been on a hot streak, they will cool with 2 losses - Det and 1 other.

13 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I know all of us would’ve preferred to be primarily battling for the #1 seed, but this is pretty promising, considering where our season was headed for a while.

According to this, we even have better odds than the Broncos to make the playoffs. Considering that there are seven teams that make it, pretty promising to be projected sixth.

And with the typical late season swoon of the Dolphins, we may just be looking at another division title.

One game at a time. Go 1-0

this week and destroy the Cowboys.

Go Bills!

Link to full article -https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38890147/2023-nfl-playoffs-afc-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl

IMG_2893.jpeg

ONLY 24% to win the division?!?!? Naah, we have a better chance to win the division than a wild card. That sounds insane, but it's true... 

The Phraud Phins's schedule is brutal down the stretch, and we can still win the division EVEN IF WE LOSE ON SUNDAY! The Phraud Phins losing to the Titans completely altered the playoff landscape for us.

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Even without being ravaged by injuries, the Dolphins regularly and routinely have folded like a cheap tent over the past 20 years+ when December has come along.  Last year they snuck into the playoffs by turning an 8-3 stat into a 9-8 finish.  The year they came to Buffalo in the final week of the season in a "win and in" scenario with the Bills having already clinched the division and being locked into their seed and left with a 56-26 beatdown, which included Matt Barkley and the backups playing all 2nd half and showing no letup.  This year, they haven't beaten a team with a winning record and start December by turning a game they had a 99.6% chance to win into an L.  They also have games against the Ravens, Cowboys and Bills, which they should go 0-3 in. If the Bills beat the Cowboys, they likely win the division outright in Week 18.

The Dolphins are frauds. They haven’t beat one quality opponent this year. Every good team they played (Buffalo, KC, Philly) resulted in a loss. Bills control their own destiny which is a great thing even w/ a tough remaining schedule. We will have to beat teams of this quality in the playoffs anyways so it’s time to see what McDermott is made of. Buffalo is an excellent sleeper team like the 2011 Giants. With the way this defense has been playing, I am very confident. 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Because we have Josh Allen and Broncos dont

Yeah but who won the game (in buffalo mind you) when the played?

Broncos to me a true dark horse SB team this year and have all the pieces to make a serious run. In fact I believe if KC slips up and loses just one game the rest of the way and the Broncos win out then all of a sudden Den takes the divison and KC is in the Wildcard picture which is key because we have tiebreaker over them but not Broncos obviously.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.