Snap Counts and Targets/Catches

Scott7975

18 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yes, it was Davis. But I never saw a replay that actually made me think he did it intentionally.

Did you see one that did?

Kinda hard to tell. He tries to scoop the ball to himself and it went right through him towards the sideline.  Too many people there but it looks like he reaches over and shoves it plus there were two more Bills on the sideline right there that might have helped it as well.  Can see the highlight here

https://www.nfl.com/games/bills-at-chiefs-2023-reg-14?active-tab=highlights

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dreadlox said:

Good post, OP! The targets for Diggs with almost no production at all is concerning. Also what a waste Harty is on this roster. He had that nice catch but 3 total snaps? Davis also had a chance at Murray’s fumble but couldn’t corral it. Can’t even catch on the ground.  Also what did Ty Johnson do to get 20 snaps when Cook was doing so well? Kincaid seemed a lot mor involved than his line would indicate. He gets the tough short to intermediate stuff Beasley used to get.

What game did you watch?? Ty ran for two consecutive first downs, back-to-back in the first half. He was a GREAT change of pace when Cook was gassed. Ty is a stud and we are lucky Brady FINALLY uses him. Cook is the gadget toy, Ty is the bull we need.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Kinda hard to tell. He tries to scoop the ball to himself and it went right through him towards the sideline.  Too many people there but it looks like he reaches over and shoves it plus there were two more Bills on the sideline right there that might have helped it as well.  Can see the highlight here

https://www.nfl.com/games/bills-at-chiefs-2023-reg-14?active-tab=highlights

gabe is the opposite of quick twitch.  that was such a poor effort of recovering the ball.  He’s basically an extra blocker running routes at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

With Knox back I wanted to look at snap counts. Really, I wanted to see personnel groupings, but I couldn't find it where I usually did in years past.  I also wanted to look at targets because our WR had practically nothing in this game.  Thought I would share if people were interested.

Snap Counts WR's (77 total offensive snaps)

Diggs 61 snaps 79.2%

Davis 63 snaps 81.8%

Shakir 47 snaps 61%

Harty 3 snaps 3.9%

Sherfield 15 snaps 19.5%

Snap Counts TE's

Kincaid 60 snaps 77.9%

Knox 36 snaps 46.8%

Morris 7 snaps 9.1%

Snap Counts RB's

Cook 34 snaps 44.2%

Murray 25 snaps 32.5%

Ty 16 snaps 20.8%

Gilliam 10 snaps 13%

Targets WR's

Diggs 11 targets 4 catches 24 yards

Davis 2 targets 0 catches

Harty 1 target 1 catch 25 yards

Shakir 1 target 1 catch 12 yards

Sherfield 2 targets 1 catch 9 yards

Targets TE's

Kincaid 8 targets 5 catches 21 yards

Knox 3 targets 3 catches 36 yards

Targets RB's

Cook 5 targets 5 catches 83 yards 1 TD

Murray 1 target 1 catch 21 yards

Ty 2 targets 2 catches 2 yards

Some thoughts... I don't know if it was the gameplan or just KC playing stellar defense but our WRs didn't do jack today.  Diggs dropped too many balls and that is becoming a habit. He is still great, but he needs to work on his hands.  Maybe he is injured?  Davis was invisible again.  I know he was wide open for a TD on that one play but other than that he dropped yet another good pass and was invisible all game.  I will say on the Murray fumble I am pretty sure it was Davis that knocked that ball out of bounds. 

Last thought... Cook was amazing. Especially on passes.  Might be his best game yet?  I don't know why we went away from him in the second half because he was most of our offense and was killing the Chiefs. I have no clue what adjustments KC made but he just was not utilized when he was money that whole time.  Even if they took him away, there had to be something else open that we never found.

If people like seeing these stats I can do them every week here forward if you want.  Just let me know.

Not sure where you get this from, or if they list this, but do you know what percentage they ran 12 personnel?  I'm really curious to see how often Knox/Kincaid were used together out there.

And please don't try to look it up if it's not readily available.  Just curious in case you had it

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Not sure where you get this from, or if they list this, but do you know what percentage they ran 12 personnel?  I'm really curious to see how often Knox/Kincaid were used together out there.

And please don't try to look it up if it's not readily available.  Just curious in case you had it

I can't seem to find it and don't remember where I got it from.  I used to look at it all the time.  That was actually what I was looking for originally before I got tired of looking and settled for snap counts.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.