Bought some steins from garage sale (without garage)

Punching Bag

Being German I have always loved steins but never owned any.

We went shopping today and on our cut through road there was a man selling steins so on way back I asked her to stop there and she gave me a little money.

He had quite an  assortment of them and bought 4 not wanting to become a collector as well as some porcelain owls for my daughter.

He had three from Budweiser Animals Of The Seven Continents Series - Australia, Antarctica and Asia for $5 each and a turkey one for $5.

s-l1600.png

Not planning on selling them but looked up prices online and saw being sold for $60+ in unused condition.

This is a classic tale of how hoarding begins. You’re going to need a bigger house.  😋

I kid, and this brings back memories of some kind of stein we had in the house when I was a kid. I don’t remember where it came from or where it went, but I remember being oddly fascinated by it. 

First time I used one in restaurant was when I was served a Glühwein (mulled wine) after waitress asked me about various spices and whether I liked them or not.

This drink was complimentary and I sat by the fire drinking it when I was waiting for table to open up.

Ever since then when drinks came in steins I was inclined to get them.  

My wife used to be a fine tailor and made costumes for a local medieval themed restaurant and they used to server drinks in steins. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.