Why does your job suck

Ok so im drunk right now after pounding 3 beers in 2 minutes!

I dont drink much....

I started drinking when I got home today because of my job

I'd like to know if you like your job sucks

Because Mine does

If you love it then rock on....

:w00t:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont drink much....

Because Mine does

353830[/snapback]

My job sucks assballs! The reason I usually give for hating my job is that it's challenging in all the wrong ways. It tests my patience, not my intelligence. It tests my tolerance for pain, not my creativity or problem solving. My bosses take advantage of me because they know I'm reliable, but they don't respect me or ever give me credit or value my opinion. They are not honest with me. They are not trustworthy. Others in my department feel the same. We are underappreciated and short-handed and miserable. I am gradually gathering the strength to stop complaining about it and just find something else.

...I like to do a little bit of the ole drinky-drinky myself when I get home.

My job sucks because i am a science grad student aka a slave/peon...i'm expected to work long hours for minimal pay and then not get credit for anything amazing that i may uncover...hence the reason i am looking at ditchin out with a masters and gettin a real job...

in front of them i put on put on my happy i love this science stuff face but behind the scenes it sucks and i'd ditch it in a heartbeat...

My job sucks because it is boring. However, I make a good salary and have no idea what I would rather do so I hesitate to leave and be at a sucky job for less pay.

hahahahaha that made me laugh

prpoblaly beause im drunk right now

oh well more beer!!!and bbq hamburgers from the wife!!

woo hoo

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My job sucks because i am a science grad student aka a slave/peon...i'm expected to work long hours for minimal pay and then not get credit for anything amazing that i may uncover...hence the reason i am looking at ditchin out with a masters and gettin a real job...

in front of them i put on put on my happy i love this science stuff face but behind the scenes it sucks and i'd ditch it in a heartbeat...

353847[/snapback]

Dont give up on the Masters plan, Dont.

i work for assclowns.

One is a retired Senior Chief and has been fired from every civilian managerial position he's had. He has no technical knowledge and doesn't like being told he's wrong. Great choice for an IT manager :w00t:

One was 3 months out of the navy, no college, no previous work experience. But I heard she gives a good lap dance. Lookup scatterbrain and you'll see her picture

One doesn't talk to anyone but the other 2 and her entourage of ass kissers

i was forced to take a pay cut, and the assclowns i work for wonder why my attitude sucks

i work with assclowns. I field various questions from them such as recent "How do you change the Administrator password" and one of the all time classics "Why doesn't this disk work in the drive" (note a floppy disk and a Zip drive)

the assclowns i work for always pass me over for new assignments in favor of the assclowns i work with, especially new hires and ass kissers. their explanation to me is i'm one of the only ones who actually knows what their doing so they can't afford to reassign me

I dont drink much....

Because Mine does

353830[/snapback]

what do you do?

My work is very boring. But I love the people I work with, adore my boss, and have a private office so I can sit on TSW almost all day.

353849[/snapback]

My job is a lot like yours, except I would omit the words "very", "adore my boss", and "private office". :lol:

I am part of a great group of people, who were sold off to a smaller company that pays the same, but has a LOT less benefits.

26 years vested and I had to take a pension buy-out. :w00t: But on the positive side, the pay does not suck, the work is not difficult, I have the pension money to drop into retirement money, and I plop every dime I can into my 401K.

One day they will dump my department, but until then, why sweat it? :doh:

Life is good.

and one of the all time classics  "Why doesn't this disk work in the drive" (note a floppy disk and a Zip drive)

353863[/snapback]

i think im the only person in america to have a floppy drive AND a zip drive on my home computer. that shows how old it is. :w00t:

hahahahaha that made me laugh

prpoblaly beause im drunk right now

oh well more beer!!!and bbq hamburgers from the wife!!

woo hoo

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

353857[/snapback]

That must be some good shiat.

My job is awesome, mainly because I no longer work for EDS...

THAT was a living hell. Every Day Sucks at EDS.

The Peter Principle has not been kind to you. Sounds like your options are to find another job or start intentionally being less competent, and try to get more assignments with the lap dancer. :doh: .

i work for assclowns. 

One is a retired Senior Chief and has been fired from every civilian managerial position he's had.  He has no technical knowledge and doesn't like being told he's wrong.  Great choice for an IT manager :w00t:

One was 3 months out of the navy, no college, no previous work experience.  But I heard she gives a good lap dance.  Lookup scatterbrain and you'll see her picture

One doesn't talk to anyone but the other 2 and her entourage of ass kissers

i was forced to take a pay cut, and the assclowns i work for wonder why my attitude sucks

i work with assclowns.  I field various questions from them such as recent "How do you change the Administrator password" and one of the all time classics  "Why doesn't this disk work in the drive" (note a floppy disk and a Zip drive)

the assclowns i work for always pass me over for new assignments in favor of the assclowns i work with, especially new hires and ass kissers.  their explanation to me is i'm one of the only ones who actually knows what their doing so they can't afford to reassign me

353863[/snapback]

I dont drink much....

Because Mine does

353830[/snapback]

Number 1 -Boys count em, men drink em. Number 2 -Three beers and you can't control yourself? If you have 4 do you take your panties off for any salor that gives you the time of day? Be a man and quit crying.

my job is good. i am currently a subcontractor "whored out" by my boss because i dont have any work to do at my normal job, and another company needed a body to keep up the hours that are required in the contract.

so they sent me. when i really dont know what im doing. so they dont want me to do much. on top of that it gets really slow after 1pm, so i have to fight to stay awake till 5pm.

its tough, but it allows me to sit around and play on the internet all day long. :doh:

its great for me also becuase it makes me look more usefull to my boss since it basically makes my boss a subcontractor, the contractor will pay my boss 2.5 times my salary. :w00t:

basic math time:

my salary ~ $14 per hour

~ $540 per week

~ $2240 per month

my boss is paid:

~ $ 35 per hour

~ $ 1400 per week

~ $ 5600 per month

total profit for my boss to have me do NOTHING for 5 hours a day:

~ $21 per day

~ $860 per week

~ $3360 per month

i think i need a raise.

i think im the only person in america to have a floppy drive AND a zip drive on my home computer. that shows how old it is.  :w00t:

353871[/snapback]

i have a zip drive on one of my computers. i store personal data (like turbotax stuff, online receipts, etc) on zip250 disks. if by chance my home network got hacked i don't have to worry about someone finding them on a hard drive

when i'm not using the zip disk, i keep them in a secure place. this way my personal stuff can only be read by someone who has physical access to my apartment, knows where i keep my documents,...

and actually has a zip drive

i have a zip drive on one of my computers.  i store personal data (like turbotax stuff, online receipts, etc) on zip250 disks.  if by chance my home network got hacked i don't have to worry about someone finding them on a hard drive

when i'm not using the zip disk, i keep them in a secure place.  this way my personal stuff can only be read by someone who has physical access to my apartment, knows where i keep my documents,...

and actually has a zip drive

353886[/snapback]

You should probably think about storing a backup copy off-site as well. What happens if your apartment burns down?

I'm sure you've already thought of that though. :w00t:

CW