What’s your opinion of Gabe Davis on this play?

Buffalo_Stampede

On 11/16/2023 at 8:47 AM, Dan Darragh said:

I've wondered whether Davis' failure to shine is a lack of talent or whether he was being schemed into oblivion by the play calling.

I guess we're about to find out.

I mean you can see from that clip why “Big Game Gabe” hasn’t been a thing so much this year. Look how far off that Safety is playing.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:40 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Are you ok with the result or do you think this should’ve been a much bigger play?

To me this is exactly why I believe he’s not good enough. Davis runs a simple route vs zone. Allen makes an unbelievable throw setting up what I believe should’ve been a long TD.

Id say his cone/agility to turn and burn at the same time sucks. 

3 most important stats to look at going back to the combine concerning plays like this?

Cone 7.08

20 yard shuffle 4.59

40 yard dash 4.54  ** no way he running a 4.54 anymore

on this play? he should have angled his body right towards the pilon and run hard. That is the standard with nothing in front of you when you have a half step leverage to his left and little to his right. games all about taking the right angles post catch. defense and offense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.