Pistons march onward

If you're going to call my buddy a moron...at least spell it correctly. :lol:

353066[/snapback]

apparently you're not up on your bugs bunny cartoons, my dear... :D

and as for BF being your buddy...well, there's no accounting for taste. i'll try not to hold it against you; you seem pretty nice.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries are a part of the game

353071[/snapback]

Right you are. But I still don't see what's wrong with saying that if Shaq and Wade were 100% the outcome of the series would have been different. That's as close to fact as you can get without it actually BEING fact.

pats haven't had injuries in their playoff runs?? of course they did, and they overcame them.......heat couldn't and they lost to the better team.....

bottom line -- winners win

353059[/snapback]

ok jackass, your 2 best of 5 is a lot more than 2 football players...take away the top 40%, or 9 of the pats 22 starters, and tell me that they are still going to make a SB run...

Could they do it without: Brady, Dillon, Bruschi, Vinatieri, Harrison, McGinest, Givens, Graham, and Samuel...thats a big HELL NO

I don't know why all you guys are wasting so much time talking about the Pistons considering the fact that the Spurs will win the title this year.

353081[/snapback]

Maybe Pisstons fan hopes Duncan gets a leg amputated or something!

Actually, Rip was injured for a good amount of the games, too. Remember, he had a calf injury ?

As to Ben wallace being injured. It wouldn't really matter that much...Shaq would just force his ass into him and hook his arm around, anyway.

Yes wade was hurt, and maybe his play would've changed the series...maybe the phantom fouls the refs called for him would've helped out...but what about other players ? Damon Jones played terribly last night. Hasleem played terrible the first few games. What about game 1 in Miami ? The pistons won, and shaq played very well for the first half.

Excuses, excuses. In the end, the champs are still in it.

Anyway, charisma? Who doesn't want to see the hard working Pistons play? Rip Hamilton is a great player who doesn't talk sh--. Rasheed is an explosive individual who loves making drama. Ben Wallace is no-nonsense, a defensive expert, the defensive MVP ? The heat have two players most people can name.

I could honestly care less who wins any of these series. I hate the NBA and have no emotional investment in any of the games - which is obviously not the case with most of you "calling it as you see it."

That said, the fact that Shaq was even playing is a testament to the guy's toughness. As far as the "hook and turn" thing, Shaq gets fouled more frequently and harder than any player I've ever seen. He'd be ridiculous even if he wasn't allowed to pin guys with that move because he's physically that much better than everyone else.

Now if he could shoot friggin' free throws...

The Pistons-Heat series was just the contest to see who would lose to the Spurs.

Spurs in 5.

353158[/snapback]

Yeah, they were saying the same thing last year about the Pistons losing to the Lakers...

Yeah, they were saying the same thing last year about the Pistons losing to the Lakers...

353160[/snapback]

Yeah, with Shaq not 100 % and Malone out.

I could honestly care less who wins any of these series.  I hate the NBA and have no emotional investment in any of the games - which is obviously not the case with most of you "calling it as you see it."

That said, the fact that Shaq was even playing is a testament to the guy's toughness.  As far as the "hook and turn" thing, Shaq gets fouled more frequently and harder than any player I've ever seen.  He'd be ridiculous even if he wasn't allowed to pin guys with that move because he's physically that much better than everyone else.

Now if he could shoot friggin' free throws...

353136[/snapback]

Darin and I don't always agree but we're in complete accord here with respect to both of his paragraphs.

Shaq gets away with a lot but the players who defend him get away with as much if not more, and I can't remember the last time I saw Shaq complain about people hanging all over him -- this while many NBA players writhe in a manner worthy of European soccer players at the slightest of touches. He wasn't even 50% during the last series and has regularly had to have blood drained from his leg over the last month.

As for this line from you, Mugginns:

maybe the phantom fouls the refs called for [Wade] would've helped out...

What was that you were saying about excuses?

Darin and I don't always agree but we're in complete accord here with respect to both of his paragraphs.

Shaq gets away with a lot but the players who defend him get away with as much if not more, and I can't remember the last time I saw Shaq complain about people hanging all over him -- this while many NBA players writhe in a manner worthy of European soccer players at the slightest of touches.  He wasn't even 50% during the last series and has regularly had to have blood drained from his leg over the last month.

As for this line from you, Mugginns:

What was that you were saying about excuses?

353193[/snapback]

It's not an excuse, you heard the announcers talking about it all the time. How the refs really like him now, how hes a big thing in the league and the refs watch him all the time, etc. You had to hear it.

It's not an excuse, you heard the announcers talking about it all the time. How the refs really like him now, how hes a big thing in the league and the refs watch him all the time, etc. You had to hear it.

353200[/snapback]

Oh, so now the announcers aren't retards because they agree with YOU? :lol:

Oh, so not the announcers aren't retards because they agree with YOU?  :lol:

353203[/snapback]

Yeah, but they were retards when they called Sheed an idiot for saying that the refs were trying to make the series go seven, I guess. :D

ok jackass, your 2 best of 5 is a lot more than 2 football players...take away the top 40%, or 9 of the pats 22 starters, and tell me that they are still going to make a SB run...

Could they do it without: Brady, Dillon, Bruschi, Vinatieri, Harrison, McGinest, Givens, Graham, and Samuel...thats a big HELL NO

353080[/snapback]

Lest you forget the Patriots in 2003? They had 14 starters miss a total of 40 games over the first 7 weeks of that season, yet went 5-2.

Reminder

Shaq gets away with a lot but the players who defend him get away with as much if not more, and I can't remember the last time I saw Shaq complain about people hanging all over him -- this while many NBA players writhe in a manner worthy of European soccer players at the slightest of touches.  He wasn't even 50% during the last series and has regularly had to have blood drained from his leg over the last month.

I disagree with you and Darin about Diesel. He gets away with waaaaaaay more than is done to him and he has bitched about it, constantly. This was the first season since he was in Orlando that I can't remember him blaming refs if he had a bad game.

It was like:

Shaq: 38 pts, 18 rbs = "Good officiating tonight. The refs were actually pay attention"

Shaq: 16 pts 9 rbs = "Refs were blind. I was mugged all night"

The most comical part was Shaq going on and on ad nauseum about Mutombo playing like a "sissy" against him in the 2001 finals while ESPN was showing several slow motion clips of Dik taking bows to the jaw over and over. I challenge any man to take a few elbows from Shaq and keep comin back for more.

Having said all that, I respect Shaq a lot for what he has brought to the game and his presence and attitude off the court. He is funny, charismatic and definitely has an a compassionate side.

The Spurs would have owned the heat though. Duncan could have handled a Shaq even if he was healthier (at least contained him) and Parker/Bowen could hold down an injured Wade.

Spurs in 5....6 tops.

The Pistons will take this series and will win game one just as they did last year in LA. It's pretty obvious how this team responds to being looked at as the underdog. With the National Media Spurs love fest they know once again that nobody is giving them a chance. The Spurs are a truly great team, but when Detroit is getting trashed we have seen them unite game after game the past two years. It's going to be a physical series with Detroit getting all the must have games just as they have in the past.

Pistons in 6.

Yeah, but they were retards when they called Sheed an idiot for saying that the refs were trying to make the series go seven, I guess.  :w00t:

353208[/snapback]

...Never said that.

Sheed shoots his mouth off all the time, sometimes its funny, sometimes it's just stupid.