Say you're Brandon Beane: what do you do with these three contracts?

Pine Barrens Mafia

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not going to be worth it. Even if he pulls off a miracle, he isnt going to be a $16M/yr CB.

If he wants to take a paycut and sign a new deal at like 3/$18M with a ton of incentives, then maybe. But we cant roll with $16M/yr.

I think a paycut in overall value for a slight increase in guaranteed money for the two years he has left anyway SHOULD be relatively easy to do with White, if they want to keep him.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:13 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Von Miller

Tre White

Dawson Knox

In my eyes, you can do one of three things:

1) Ride them out, be mediocre because you don't have any cap space to work with, pray to God you get some kind of production out of them

2) Burn them all after this season, eat the same cap ***** sandwich and emerge in a much healthier place in 2025

3) Cut two of three of them, triage-style, still eat the cap ***** sandwich and be better off in 2025

Are there any other options out there? I'm happy to hear them.

Cut keep cut

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

So if you decide to change the coaches, or keep the coaches, how does that change the answer to the roster decisions as it relates to the over aged over paid over injuried defenders? 

If you keep the coach and GM you don't dump 4 or 5 guys in one go. 

If you ditch them you do your roster surgery as quickly as possible so that year 1 kills as much dead money as poss and they have a cleanish slate by year 2.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Question to that point that All Pro made 

Was it the drafting or the Coaching?

What, our current issues?  

Both

Did Beane supply the players asked for ?  

One would think.  

Were they not developed to their potential (Elam says hi )
I am not down on Beane as much McD at this point.

Neither am I, but let's take our highest draft picks and assess those.  Consider our Days 1 & 2 picks only.  

1st:  Oliver, trade-up 1st, Groot, Elam 

2nd:  AJE, Cook 

3rd:  Knox, Brown, Bernard 

Not even a sniff of an elite player among them.  Not even a consistent impact player.  

We don't know a lot, but it's a safe bet that McD controls Beane's drafts more than we know.  Given the circumstances it might be naive to think differently.  

Some Coaches can make good use of what we have have drafted.

I would not argue that.  But still, we've ignored offense all but entirely on days 1 & 2.  When you drafted Allen, that's idiotic.  

Some of it has to befall Beane.  IMO if Pegula ever musters up the gumption to ditch McD, Beane needs to go as well, although I would agree with you, McD is the greater problem.  Beane has little if anything to do with in-game adjustments or decision making on the field, preparation, etc.  

At this point I'd be satisfied to part with McD and his ex-Carolina staff.  I'd get rid of both, but as you argue, McD is the greater issue, largely due to the in-game issues, preparation for games, and now the ridiculous fact that he's essentially admitted that he's in over his head.  

Beane also has done decently with FA.

That could be argued of course.

Miller might have killed him (in hindsight) though.

Like Mario Williams did to some degree.

He has made some good picks, but keep in mind, those picks, Miller for example, had to be made because his drafts were not producing.  

And if your theory that McD hasn't made optimal use of the players that Beane has provided is accurate, how can we explain the fact that he's made good use of some free agents in contrast?   Von Miller, Floyd, Diggs of course, Jones, Poyer, Hyde among a few others maybe.  

But bottom four rating is how they performed of course.  Again i have to account for Coaching failing the players here as well.

Good posts to consider  here  thanks ! 

Thanks!  Good input from you as well.  

31 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

What, our current issues?  

Both

One would think.  

Neither am I, but let's take our highest draft picks and assess those.  Consider our Days 1 & 2 picks only.  

1st:  Oliver, trade-up 1st, Groot, Elam 

2nd:  AJE, Cook 

3rd:  Knox, Brown, Bernard 

Not even a sniff of an elite player among them.  Not even a consistent impact player.  

We don't know a lot, but it's a safe bet that McD controls Beane's drafts more than we know.  Given the circumstances it might be naive to think differently.  

I would not argue that.  But still, we've ignored offense all but entirely on days 1 & 2.  When you drafted Allen, that's idiotic.  

Some of it has to befall Beane.  IMO if Pegula ever musters up the gumption to ditch McD, Beane needs to go as well, although I would agree with you, McD is the greater problem.  Beane has little if anything to do with in-game adjustments or decision making on the field, preparation, etc.  

At this point I'd be satisfied to part with McD and his ex-Carolina staff.  I'd get rid of both, but as you argue, McD is the greater issue, largely due to the in-game issues, preparation for games, and now the ridiculous fact that he's essentially admitted that he's in over his head.  

He has made some good picks, but keep in mind, those picks, Miller for example, had to be made because his drafts were not producing.  

And if your theory that McD hasn't made optimal use of the players that Beane has provided is accurate, how can we explain the fact that he's made good use of some free agents in contrast?   Von Miller, Floyd, Diggs of course, Jones, Poyer, Hyde among a few others maybe.  

Thanks!  Good input from you as well.  

I remain in the other camp. I still have more faith in the coaching than the drafting. Although my confidence in both is reduced.

Edited by GunnerBill

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I remain in the other camp. I still have more faith in the coaching than the drafting. Although my confidence in both is reduced.

Yes, I know you do.  

:) 

I have to say however, it's a horrible look when that head coach tells the world he doesn't know what's wrong and therefore has no idea how to correct it.  

He didn't do himself any favors by admitting that.  

Just now, PBF81 said:

Yes, I know you do.  

:) 

I have to say however, it's a horrible look when that head coach tells the world he doesn't know what's wrong and therefore has no idea how to correct it.  

He didn't do himself any favors by admitting that.  

I agree. And I have never liked the idea of him calling the defense. He admitted 3 weeks ago he doesn't watch all the offensive plays because he is talking with his defense. I don't think his is operating as a Head Coach at the moment and I think he should relinquish defensive playcalling immediately. You will recall because we discussed in the summer that I was always a defender of Leslie Frazier and not someone who sought to pin lots of blame on him (in my view unfairly). I'd rather he were calling the plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.