The Ripoff Report: The Good, the Bad and the Irritating

WhitewalkerInPhilly

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Davis can still be dangerous in middle distances over the middle and deep routes. He also blocks well, but he shouldn't be getting top pay. Who knows though, he could go perform like Robert Woods somewhere else if they use him in that role. 

I don't hate him, but #2 we get stupid amounts of money thrown at them. I would not get in a bidding war

7 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

You can't pay him like a #2 WR. He's like Edmunds, he'll probably get a contract that we can't match and honestly that's okay. He's a good player but I truly think he's elevated by just how good Allen is. 

I'd like to replace him with a high draft pick if possible. 

Precisely. He's a fantastic #4, and has been passable #2.

We need an upgrade not break the bank to keep him

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sunshynman said:

It was awful! You could call that on any given play! They were grabbing Diggs all the way down the field and we didn't get a call. Johson had a push at the line and then just covered. It was in no way illegal contact!

100% agree. Diggs was constantly getting mauled with no call. It looked to me like our defensive linemen were being tackled play after play. I also thought the ball placement on multiple plays was way off, including the shuttle pass to Kincaid at the goaline. That ball should have been inches from the goaline. Some of Cooks runs were poor placements also.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't hate him, but #2 we get stupid amounts of money thrown at them. I would not get in a bidding war

I don't think they could even if they want to. They are stuck in so many bad contracts after all that ***** they talked about the Whaley regime. I really hoped they would've sold out a few years ago, but alas, here we are. 

It seems to me we blitzed less than we did in NE and covered the middle of the field a lot better. The downside was that Baker had time to throw.

We did a great job on Evans (at least based on his stats) and I don't know why he wasn't targeted more. A few of the replays showed Benford doing a great job on him so maybe that was the reason for not trying to get him the ball more. 

Taron Johnson holds virtually every play when the TE runs a crossing route. Who the hell is going to cover Kelsey?

"Accidental face mask contact"?    Phillips grabbed on and yanked him to the ground by it.    That is going to get called every time.    Phillips just sucks dude.   Don't ruin a post of solid takes with a nonsensical homerism.    The refs were typical........they made a lot of the usual simp calls for the team down 2 scores in the second half.   That's the way it usually goes but the Phillips penalty was egregious stupidity by a player who is a master of it.   

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.