Whew...thank God we have Joe Biden

Working on it. Heard a radio report that he is DEMANDING that the US shut down the facility at Gitmo and that he will introduce legislation to force the administration to do so.

351962[/snapback]

That is pretty dumb. Everyone here knows that I dislike Gitmo as much as the next guy for the way its being run, but we ned a place to put detainees with a buffer zone from America, American lawyers and the media.

Should they be treated in a lot of cases better then they are now? Yes. Do we need an onslaught of lawyers trying to make a name for themselves by representing a terrorist? Fark no.

That is pretty dumb.  Everyone here knows that I dislike Gitmo as much as the next guy for the way its being run, but we ned a place to put detainees with a buffer zone from America, American lawyers and the media.

Should they be treated in a lot of cases better then they are now?  Yes.  Do we need an onslaught of lawyers trying to make a name for themselves by representing a terrorist?  Fark no.

351967[/snapback]

Well, that's the first thing I've heard out of you in some time I can agree with.

:lol:

I am thrilled to see the Average citizen is warming up to my inherent genius.

:w00t:

352173[/snapback]

I must admit I could not comprehend your genius at first, but I am being converted (especially after I learned you and I have the opinion that Kirk is better than Picard!) :lol:

I must admit I could not comprehend your genius at first, but I am being converted (especially after I learned you and I have the opinion that Kirk is better than Picard!) :w00t:

352447[/snapback]

God damn star trek conservatives! Picard all the way!

At least I aint a stinky liberal Voyager-chick lover.

Actually, if you saw the interview, Biden hardly "demanded that Gitmo be shut down" or threatened to introduce legistlation to make it happen. George Stephanapolus (sp?) asked him if Gitmo should be shut down. He clearly (altough FOX News edited his comments from the ABC broadcast) stated that he would never say that, because he would not want it to be a Dems vs Repulsivos situation. He merely said that he would propose a bi-partisan panel look at the situation at Gitmo, and hoped, at the end of the day, it would be shut down, the prisoners that belong there would be transferred somewhere else, and those that don't belong there, should be sent home. His point was that the existence of Gitmo, whatever the truth about it is, is serving as a symbolic flag for insurgents to rally around, and gain inspiration. There was absolutely nothing unreasonable about what Biden said. It wasn't a partisan thing, but a common sense thing.

On Al Frankens' radio show, yesterday, they replayed the audio of the broadcast of the original aired interview, and then the audio for the story that Bill O'Riley did on it.

FOX/O'Riley edited out a major portion of Bidens' answer, to change the meaning. Then FOX news ran with it. To add insult to injury, O'Riley, after blasting Biden, said, "what we need to do with Gitmo is to have a non-partisan commision review what is going on there, and determine if there are indeed people who don't belong there, and make the it right. This should not be a Democrats vs Republicans issue, but a quality and respect of life issue". O'Riley said almost word for word, what Biden had said, in the chunk of the interview that FOX edited out. What is it lately with conservatives? When they can't get the answer they want, they seem to have no problem editing and omitting things so they can hear what they want....if the media was as liberal as all of you (okay most of you) piss and moan about, this would be all over the news.

Ah, the old "symbolic flag for them to rally around" card.  So very refreshing.

355216[/snapback]

I am fairly certain you are being sarcastic, but what part of what Biden said, would anyone, whatever side of the aisle you are on, do you disagree with? He wasn't suggesting letting any one go that belongs there, only that they be sent somewhere else, and that those that we are undecided on, should have some sort of judgement made. However silly you may think it sounds, what part of the "sprinkling of liberty" does detaining people for two or three years, with no charges against them, fall under?