My Thoughts On The Throwbacks

PTS

Good Photo of New Throwback Get-Up

When the photos of the jerseys were leaked a few days ago here on TBD, I thought, wow, those jerseys suck ass.

However, looking at the whole kit with the white helmet and the socks, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these throwbacks!

Hopefully they win both games in which the sport these bad boys and then decide to wear them more!

When the photos of the jerseys were leaked a few days ago here on TBD, I thought, wow, those jerseys suck ass.

However, looking at the whole kit with the white helmet and the socks, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE these throwbacks!

Hopefully they win both games in which the sport these bad boys and then decide to wear them more!

351285[/snapback]

Same here, I LOVE these uniforms!!!

Same here, I LOVE these uniforms!!!

351298[/snapback]

I love the uniforms too (and I agree with Jester...ditch the navy ones), but I would prefer the 1974-84 white helmets with the charging buffalo.

I never thought much of what I call the "grazing buffalo".

Mike

351285[/snapback]

I just emailed Tom Donahoe, Ralph, and the Bills Marketing Dept, and essentially told them the same thing. I also told them to make these permanent, get rid of the crap we wear now, and quoted what Kent Hull said about our current uniforms....which, by the way, is less than flattering.

Do the right thing, and let's make these permanent and make the 90's uni's the alternates.

You gotta love these. I can't wait til mine comes in the mail.

You gotta love these.  I can't wait til mine comes in the mail.

351316[/snapback]

Heh, I'll be happy when I can afford mine <_< Too many upcoming expenses to drop the money on them right now (definitely plan to though!)

Heh, I'll be happy when I can afford mine <_<  Too many upcoming expenses to drop the money on them right now (definitely plan to though!)

351319[/snapback]

I just wish I could afford one made custom with the name "Rockpile" <_<

I just emailed Tom Donahoe, Ralph, and the Bills Marketing Dept, and essentially told them the same thing.  I also told them to make these permanent, get rid of the crap we wear now, and quoted what Kent Hull said about our current uniforms....which, by the way, is less than flattering.

Do the right thing, and let's make these permanent and make the 90's uni's the alternates.

You gotta love these.  I can't wait til mine comes in the mail.

351316[/snapback]

well gee now they will have to leave them

To those who don't like our old helmet, it could be worse, the Broncos helmet from the same time period has the worst, bar none, of any nfl emblem. It looks like a retarded kindergartner's depiction of a horse.

I love the throwbacks and I wish the Bills would always use them but I think the NFL has more say on unis then Ralph does. Notice how all the new unis look the same now?

351515[/snapback]

I don't think it's so much the NFL dictating jersey design, just that the current drawing-board fashionistas are engaging in pack designing. Even the word art logos are converging toward one similar font. Kudos to the people who applied the KISS method in "tweaking" the '65 unis to fix only what needed fixing re: placement of the shoulder numbers b/c today's sleeves are much shorter.

Also:  I bet the red helmets would look good with these shirts, too.

351520[/snapback]

Same thing I was thinking. The blue for these jerseys is a good kind of shocking and vibrant. The experiment in dark blue just hasn't worked; remove it from the current helmet and it would look nice on these jerseys. But if they were to keep the white helmet, I wouldn't mind either. The blue-on-blue in the throwback color does look sweet, too. I've done some similar mockups.

What exactly did Hull say?

351541[/snapback]

Throwback Uniforms Get Alumni Approval

Former Bills center Kent Hull thinks the uniform is a perfect fit for the city of Buffalo.

"I like the jerseys," Hull said. "I think it's not flamboyant or anything, I think it's more of a football jersey. This jersey kind of symbolizes Buffalo if you want to know the truth. The first time I saw the jersey they're wearing now, I thought they looked like the Denver Broncos. This looks like Buffalo."