Frazier and/or his System hurt player development

gonzo1105

12 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Don't you remember how much people talked about how hard it was playing against poyer and hyde because they would shift coverage at the last second? That's not new...the bills used to simulate pressure all the time with Edmunds coming up into the A gap and then dropping out.

That's not new, I think what we are seeing is the defense more dictating to the offense on where to go with the ball based on the look and then having the pressure come in a planned way to disrupt that look and anticipate where the second read is and try to bait bad decisions.

They were doing a lot of that last year, but I think McD is much more shrewd in his play calling in terms of messing with an offenses head in terms of causing ghosts and mirages.

The difference I see is he isn't using 1 guy to disguise coverage and force stuff a certain way.  He's using most of the secondary to rotate and move into different places instead of just having Edmunds run up to the line and back off.

Also, with regard to Edmunds, watching the video and seeing Bernard call the defensive plays and watching stuff pre-snap and communicating to the rest of the defense is something I know that Edmunds did but Bernard is calling the plays/adjusting the defense and then looking like a younger Milano with the way he tracks and attacks the ball.

We never had that with Edmunds and I think that is another big reason the defense looks different.

Edited by The Wiz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.