Cook is Bill with most rushing yards in first 3 games since 2012 (Spiller)

Nephilim17

On 9/28/2023 at 1:37 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

A lot of people dislike my garbage time yards post without a rebuttal. You know what that means right? 

When I think of garbage time, it is for the offense when your team is DOWN by 30 points.  The defense is playing prevent and allowing easy completions - often to the running backs.  Stats are easier to rack up.  When you are UP and you run the clock with 8 minute drives when the defense knows what's coming, that is PRIME TIME, not garbage time.

That not withstanding, we know the kind of player Cook is and his limitations.  I'm glad we have him.

Edited by Rock'em Sock'em

On 9/28/2023 at 10:17 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Latavius Murray is really nice to have for short yardage and goal line. He's a big guy

Cook seems much more effective as the game goes on. Id like to see more of Harris and/or Murray early and let Cook take over after the defense gets broken in. D-lines get winded as the game goes on. DT’s are less likely or able to chase Cook down in the 2nd half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

When I think of garbage time, it is for the offense when your team is DOWN by 30 points.  The defense is playing prevent and allowing easy completions - often to the running backs.  Stats are easier to rack up.  When you are UP and you run the clock with 8 minute drives when the defense knows what's coming, that is PRIME TIME, not garbage time.

That not withstanding, we know the kind of player Cook is and his limitations.  I'm glad we have him.

But that’s kind of what I’ve been saying. 

It’s not a slight against Cook. Maybe it comes off that way because it does negate his production so far. Cook will be fine. I said last week Cook is only going to get better as the season goes on.

I would think that garbage time whenever you’re up big would be the hardest time to run the ball because the other team knows you’re going to do it you’re not gonna put the ball up in the air to get intercepted whenever you’re controlling the game that’s going to change the way the defense is cold and yards are going to be harder to come bye

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

Cook seems much more effective as the game goes on. Id like to see more of Harris and/or Murray early and let Cook take over after the defense gets broken in. D-lines get winded as the game goes on. DT’s are less likely or able to chase Cook down in the 2nd half. 

Agree. 

I think it’s short sighted to dismiss Cook’s stats as just garbage time. When’s the last RB we’ve had that put up yardage like that during the 4th quarter in big wins. 

There’s something very positive going on here, even though he’s not quite elite yet. 

13 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Agree. 

I think it’s short sighted to dismiss Cook’s stats as just garbage time. When’s the last RB we’ve had that put up yardage like that during the 4th quarter in big wins. 

There’s something very positive going on here, even though he’s not quite elite yet. 

Cook seems to get better as the D plays more and more snaps. Definitely don’t think it’s garbage time yards. I like Cook a lot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.