Interesting ESPN article (re Allen): death of the deep ball

TPS

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

well...bad decisions are just that.  But this narrative that he abandoned or was too injured to go to the short game isn't true. 

I can't speak to the injury aspect.  I have no idea on that.  I've heard both arguments and have opinions both ways, but nothing that I'd stand firm on.  

All I know is that after nearly 80 starts this shouldn't be an issue and I have absolutely no idea why coaching isn't taking more heat for it.  Again, it's not as if they're trying to change a throwing motion, footwork, or other physical issues that he's got patterned into him since he was 10 or anything.  Or as if Allen is stupid and unable to learn, like Jamarcus Russell e.g., he's not, he's very bright.  

Greg Cosell was on the Herd yesterday and was talking a bit about this in terms of Josh Allen.  He actually referenced that 7 game stretch in 2021 when Mahomes wasn't Mahomes because he was clearly learning how to play against this new style of Defense.  During that stretch Mahomes had 16 TDs and 11 turnovers.

Allen just needs to learn.  I think this game was eye-opening enough for him.  You could see it in his post-game PC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.