Gin Mill's in WNY

...frequent or used to frequent back in da day? There are so many classic taverns/bars throughout WNY that I was just curious to see which ones TBD'ers go to!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...frequent or used to frequent back in da day?  There are so many classic taverns/bars throughout WNY that I was just curious to see which ones TBD'ers go to!!!!

350446[/snapback]

The only places that I've been to are Danny's South, Duff's, the Anchor Bar, Kettle's, and the Buffalo Brew Pub that I can recall.

Good Times in Depew was the local gin mill before heading out to the city-

Old Pink, New Pink, Broadway Joes, Nietzches

Icon, Toons, No Names etc.

i believe Gin Mill is a mostly local term. when i use it out of state most people are clueless. drinkers understand it but it is not commenly used out of WNY.

i love that term- Gin Mill

...frequent or used to frequent back in da day?  There are so many classic taverns/bars throughout WNY that I was just curious to see which ones TBD'ers go to!!!!

350446[/snapback]

Rumor has it the End Zone Crew's main man has been seen frequenting the Pink Flamingo with leather chaps on. Just a rumor have you. :D

I mainly used to go to Old and New Pink (is that even still around?), Brick Bar, Icon, Colter Bay and Coles. Then a few out in the Southtowns like Rappls (RIP- now Ganers) and Inn Cahoots. I moved to San Francisco just before the whole Chippewa thing, so it's completely different now. There are 10 times the amount of bars and restaurants now. When I go back, I'm starting to feel too old for Chippewa, I go to some of the Elmwood bars and I still hit Colter Bay, Old Pink and Coles. Those places have not changed at all, luckily. Mothers is great too.

Rumor has it the End Zone Crew's main man has been seen frequenting the Pink Flamingo with leather chaps on. Just a rumor have you.  <_<

350573[/snapback]

As long as this rumor is substantiated I will take it as fact. Is this something you heard from a reliable source? Perhaps there are others who have heard this as well? :D

I mainly used to go to Old and New Pink (is that even still around?), Brick Bar, Icon, Colter Bay and  Coles. Then a few out in the Southtowns like Rappls (RIP- now Ganers) and Inn Cahoots. I moved to San Francisco just before the whole Chippewa thing, so it's completely different now. There are 10 times the amount of bars and restaurants now. When I go back, I'm starting to feel too old for Chippewa, I go to some of the Elmwood bars and I still hit Colter Bay, Old Pink  and Coles. Those places have not changed at all, luckily. Mothers is great too.

350604[/snapback]

Most of those, and add (these places may not be around anymore) Goodbar, Stuffed Mushroom, Gabriel's Gate, Morrissey's, Mudd McGrath's, and whatever place serving intoxicants that I cannot remember at this time.

:D<_<

Most of those, and add (these places may not be around anymore) Goodbar, Stuffed Mushroom, Gabriel's Gate, Morrissey's, Mudd McGrath's, and whatever place serving intoxicants that I cannot remember at this time.

:D  <_<

350633[/snapback]

I think Goodbar is something else now. I forgot about the Gate. I hit that one too. The wings there are great. I usually start at Colter Bay then wander to the Gate at some point.

I think Goodbar is something else now. I forgot about the Gate. I hit that one too. The wings there are great. I usually start at Colter Bay then wander to the Gate at some point.

350641[/snapback]

And the, I think 3 bars, that were on the side street near Colter Bay? Don't remember those real well.

And the, I think 3 bars, that were on the side street near Colter Bay?  Don't remember those real well.

350655[/snapback]

Mothers is one of them. I was there at Christmas, it's pretty cool, there were tons of hot chicks prowling. Lot's of cougers, if you know what I mean.

Mothers is one of them. I was there at Christmas, it's pretty cool, there were tons of hot chicks prowling. Lot's of cougers, if you know what I mean.

350657[/snapback]

Did you ever go to the Chippewa bars before it became over-populated? I think there were places called "The Concrete" and "Atomic Cafe".

Did you ever go to the Chippewa bars before it became over-populated?  I think there were places called "The Concrete" and "Atomic Cafe".

350664[/snapback]

That is correct, they were even there about 7-8 years ago, I do recall being underage and screaming out the window at Lindy Ruff who was sitting at a table outside the Atomic :D

As long as this rumor is substantiated I will take it as fact.  Is this something you heard from a reliable source?  Perhaps there are others who have heard this as well? :D

350609[/snapback]

I could go to your Mama's and start a small fire in her panties!

Did you ever go to the Chippewa bars before it became over-populated?  I think there were places called "The Concrete" and "Atomic Cafe".

350664[/snapback]

The Barrel House was always there, but I didn't go there. soem of my canisius friends did. There was another place up the street and I forgot the name (it's gone anyway), it was next to the pizza place. I did go to that one.