The allies and the axis

TSOL

World powers are aligning, Saudi Arabia is aligning with Iran now? China, Iran and Russia are aligned. 

Is Ukraine a litmus test to our response, our resolve? A test of our strategy, our weapons? 

We are aligning with South Korea and Japan. 

Enough with the infighting in our country, is the writing on the wall? Are we all too busy arguing transgender rights and abortions to see what's going on in the world? 

Yeah, I think the whole Japan and Korea thing is more about having more cooperation between allies in the region of two nations that traditionally have not gotten along very well, I wouldn't blow it out of proportions.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 3

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I think the whole Japan and Korea is more about having more cooperation between allies in the region of two nations that traditionally not gotten along very well. I wouldn't blow it out of proportions.

South Korea and Japan are both close allies of the US but very much dislike each other. Trying to smooth out the relations between them is a good goal. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

South Korea and Japan are both close allies of the US but very much dislike each other. Trying to smooth out the relations between them is a good goal. 

Saudi Arabia and Iran dislike each other even more yet they are cozying up. And Taiwan, who visited the US very recently much to the dismay of China is at the center of it all. 

Taiwan is very important to our national security. I've just been thinking for awhile that there are some severe geo-political forces maneuvering right under our noses but we aren't paying attention due to our in- fighting. 

I think we all recognize that China is bound to move on Taiwan at some point in the not too distant future and when that happens all hell is going to break loose 

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Saudi Arabia and Iran dislike each other even more yet they are cozying up. And Taiwan, who visited the US very recently much to the dismay of China is at the center of it all. 

Taiwan is very important to our national security. I've just been thinking for awhile that there are some severe geo-political forces maneuvering right under our noses but we aren't paying attention due to our in- fighting. 

I think we all recognize that China is bound to move on Taiwan at some point in the not too distant future and when that happens all hell is going to break loose 

The only way China goes after Tiawan is if they actually believe we won't do anything about it, they don't want to go to war with the U.S. War with the U.S. would ***** up there world just like war with them would ***** up ours.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The only way China goes after Tiawan is if they actually believe we won't do anything about it, they don't want to go to war with the U.S. War with the U.S. would ***** up there world just like war with them would ***** up ours.

They are tanking their economy on purpose, I believe, they in the process of building their military might. They want 1000 nukes, there's an agenda. They are immensely overpopulated and  they do not care about individual citizens. They're communist, they only care about the collective and they despise us and our way of life. 

With the Saudi's giving us the cold shoulder, and aligning with authoritarian government's, I think the writing is on the wall. 

I think it's a foregone conclusion they go after Taiwan 

47 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Is it though? I feel it’s more a detriment to national security in that we may have to defend an island that is borderline indefensible. 

8 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Is it though? I feel it’s more a detriment to national security in that we may have to defend an island that is borderline indefensible. 

That chip manufacturing is really not replicable, we are trying... Have you been paying attention to what TMSC is saying about a plant in Arizona or wherever? 

Why do you think China wants Taiwan so badly. It's because of their chip manufacturing ability 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TSOL said:

That chip manufacturing is really not replicable, we are trying... Have you been paying attention to what TMSC is saying about a plant in Arizona or wherever? 

Why do you think China wants Taiwan so badly. It's because of their chip manufacturing ability 

Good point. It certainly is difficult to replicate the TMSC production. They really need to get those plants up and running. From what I’ve read they aren’t very happy with the quality of workers (undisciplined) that they are finding here.

edit: I also wonder if TMSC has a sabotage plan to destroy the plant if it looks like it will be overran by Chinese forces. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I mean they are one of their top 3 trading partners oddly enough.

Technology is a huge part of the equation, energy is another. China is jockeying us in both departments. 

Relations are getting colder and colder and it's concerning 

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Good point. It certainly is difficult to replicate the TMSC production. They really need to get those plants up and running. From what I’ve read they aren’t very happy with the quality of workers (undisciplined) that they are finding here.

US manufacturing can usually mask labor deficiencies with more advanced automation.