Madden 06 Team Ratings - Bills 11/16 in AFC

The strangest thing that happened to me in Madden 2005 was that Trent Green went down with a career ending injury, and Todd Collins stepped in to be the League MVP in 14 games, while being voted to the Pro Bowl and going to the AFC Championship game. 

I am just frustrated with the rankings for when i play against my buddies, i always used to play with the Eagles (back in 2001), but converted to the Bills because Bledsoe had a cannon.  Just sort of wish i could compete with my Bills against my buddies that will cheat and be the Pats, or the Raiders (this year).  Hopefully the passing cone will even the playing field.

349530[/snapback]

I play with the Bills against my friend who uses the Eagles and against my cousin who uses the Jets and have no problem competing. In 2006 their might be an issue with this new QB feature but in the past Maddens as long as you have fast skilled positions, especially WR, a decent QB and DB then you can compete in Madden and since we have been strong at those positions for the past 3 Maddens then you can compete with the Bills. The biggest fix to be made in Madden is the ratings so that they had more on the field effect. Take O-line for instance; the rating doesn't have as much effect as it should where as my friends who has Tra Thomas or Fabini get consistently beaten by Schoebel when I use the line audible to make the DL rush wide; hell using this technique I can get pressure with Kelsay. Now playing with our LT (either Jennings or Gandy) who are rated at 77, they consistently block Abraham for my cousin doesn't use the line audible. Point being is that if you utilize a certain feature in Madden or take advatage of flaws in the game you can compete which sucks.

I wish they would take the time and add more postion specific ratings to make strategy and gameplanning mean more. I mean you can make Takeo or Derrick Brooks play like LT but in real life they are not those types of players. Speed is so much of a factor at WR since their are no ratings for route running, beaten the jam, catch in traffic, etc. If it was you'd send a WR on routes to take advantage of their strengths. All QB's in Madden speeds are way too slow. How many times do you see a DB come up and knock a charging RB of his feet in real life as it happens on Madden. I love Madden but it has to change thses problems that have been consistent of the past 4 Maddens; there are so many more I can't even add them all but believe me if more time were spent on ratings then Madden would be so much better for while I can visually see in my mind a DE running around Mike Williams and sacking the QB but not bowling him over and going thru him like it happens on Madden.

and we have no TE worth anything of a rating on madden not to mention that we cannot even name our starters on the left side of our line at this point

349309[/snapback]

i would disagree.

Campbell is a good TE. very good blocker, with average hands for a TE.

you can set Grandy at G.

B. Anderson at T.

what did they rate JP?

or Parrish??

Why gripe about the team ratings when every facet of each player can be manually edited? You can "correct" any inaccuracies you see and it will affect the team's overall rating.

349580[/snapback]

can you switch players positions? not just as substitutions. but actually change the position that they play?

that PISSES me off abotu NFK2K5, cus I may trade for a FS, but turn him to a SS. but on the game, it thinks you just have 2 good FS, and no SS. damn game..

When I started playing the 2005 game, I used Bledsoe for a season.  "He" was awful, as was I. 

349391[/snapback]

I benched him for Losman as soon as I got the game out of the box. He complained via email every week for ten weeks, then not a peep. I traded him to the 49'ers. I tried not to let it get personal, or become a distraction, because it's just a damn video game. But I'll never forgive that turd for being a pain in the locker room. Class act my ass.

can you switch players positions? not just as substitutions. but actually change the position that they play?

that PISSES me off abotu NFK2K5, cus I may trade for a FS, but turn him to a SS. but on the game, it thinks you just have 2 good FS, and no SS. damn game..

349622[/snapback]

You can change positions but only on a limited basis unfortunately (ie. a WR could not become an OL) although there are editors being created for the PC version that may change all this. Madden game editors

I benched him for Losman as soon as I got the game out of the box.  He complained via email every week for ten weeks, then not a peep.  I traded him to the 49'ers.  I tried not to let it get personal, or become a distraction, because it's just a damn video game.  But I'll never forgive that turd for being a pain in the locker room.  Class act my ass.

349660[/snapback]

Any emails in Madden come in from JP-Era during the offseason 5 minutes after Free Agency began voicing his displeasures?

I benched him for Losman as soon as I got the game out of the box.  He complained via email every week for ten weeks, then not a peep.  I traded him to the 49'ers.  I tried not to let it get personal, or become a distraction, because it's just a damn video game.  But I'll never forgive that turd for being a pain in the locker room.  Class act my ass.

349660[/snapback]

Funny, Bledsoe did little complaining when I benched him. Instead Izzell Reese was the most unhappy about playing time and kept going to the papers about it. Front-page news every week was another B word session from Reese. What a pain in the ass.

LOL @ Seattle's rating...

They are an 86 and the Bills are a 78?

Thats all I needed to see about these "accurate" ratings, didnt Seattle get absolutely embarassed by the Bills last year???

349588[/snapback]

Sure did, and Miami absolutely embarrassed the Patriots on a Monday night late in the season. So, how is it that the Pats are rated so much higher than Miami?

We're tied with SF for the second worst offense in the league?

Somehow, I don't see us finishing 30 or 31 this year in offense. If I had to guess, I would say 17-18. That would put us at about 85 for offense.

Number 1-2 on defense=95

That would make the Bills an overall 90... 5th or 6th best team in the league.

I would buy that as more accurate.

Funny, Bledsoe did little complaining when I benched him. Instead Izzell Reese was the most unhappy about playing time and kept going to the papers about it. Front-page news every week was another B word session from Reese. What a pain in the ass.

349672[/snapback]

Hahahaha...Yeah, Izzell cops a 'tude as well. If the digital version is that lame about playing time, I can only imagine how they get when you add a third dimension and a soul.

I had problems with izell reese when i benched him, but bledsoe got hurt, so thats why he didnt b!tch...but of all people, after my first season, trey teague held out, so i said later to his azz and traded him...

I wish madden would let you trade kickers tho, i dont understand why you cant...i had cincy willing to give me graham and a 4th rounder for lindell, and the CPU said you couldnt trade kickers...

Hahahaha...Yeah, Izzell cops a 'tude as well.  If the digital version is that lame about playing time, I can only imagine how they get when you add a third dimension and a soul.

349704[/snapback]

Just do what Donahoe does. Steal their souls as part of the contract negotiation.