Takeo Spikes Alternate Jersey

enoff

Get a new spousal unit,

Actually, my wife bought me that one for our den, it looks great! she knows that I don't spend anything on any other vices (besides beer) so she allows 1 room of the house to be Bill-centric.

349073[/snapback]

Oh, I have that - it's just that the current configuration of Fort Darin isn't suited for what I "WANT," and building in our current market is simply out of the question. :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at the modern jerseys being worn on the field, you rarely see the stripes below the numbers on the sleeve. That is because the players cut or curl the sleeve under their shoulder pad.

My point is simple: Management wants people to see the stripes on the sleeve of "the throwback jersey", so they put the numbers on the shoulder.  :D

348967[/snapback]

Modern jerseys are made so tight in the sleeves now that there is physically no room for both piping and numbers on the sleeves.

The only striping that can go on a sleeve with numbers is on the very end of the sleeve, or the "cuff" of the sleeve, like the blue and white cuff on the current home uni sleeves.

If you were to put numbers directly on top of piping on modern jerseys, the number would have to be placed directly over the shoulder stitch, and I don't think jersey manufacturing equipment can do that. I don't think the NFL would want that, either.

One way to put both numbers and piping on the sleeves - go back to 3/4 length sleeves, over the elbow. That would really be old school.

Great detective work indeed...I figured that they'd be old school, but to see them is to be sure...you never know if the Bills might just screw them up some way. Glad to see they got them point on!

Again, great work to the folks at TBD, you never disappoint!

I'll be very interested to see what the away uniforms look like...I hope BB.com gives us a chance to order both home and away.

349237[/snapback]

Are there going to be away uniforms?? I thought they were just introducing one jersey.

If they're introducing both home and away uniforms, we might as well just start planning for these to be the new permanent jerseys now. Compared to the train wrecks we're wearing now, anything looks better. I'll bet these have a special place in Ralph's heart too.

TD did say they would wear the alternates both at home and on the road once this year. I at first thought that it would mean that we would have both blue and white unis. However, on second thought we may wear the new blues at Miami where they typically wear whites, or at the Pats.

Are there going to be away uniforms??  I thought they were just introducing one jersey.

If they're introducing both home and away uniforms, we might as well just start planning for these to be the new permanent jerseys now.  Compared to the train wrecks we're wearing now, anything looks better.  I'll bet these have a special place in Ralph's heart too.

349257[/snapback]

My unqualified guess is, the game in San Diego HAS to be a 'throwback' game - Bills wearing the standing buffalo, Chargers in their powder blues, in a 40th-anniversary rematch of the 1965 AFL Championship.

Now, if we could just recreate Balboa Stadium... :lol:

My unqualified guess is, the game in San Diego HAS to be a 'throwback' game - Bills wearing the standing buffalo, Chargers in their powder blues, in a 40th-anniversary rematch of the 1965 AFL Championship.

Now, if we could just recreate Balboa Stadium... :lol:

349271[/snapback]

How about Takeo taking Tomlinson's head off ala Stratton/Lincoln?

I ordered a McGahee one last night when the link still worked. I have a confirmation email that says my order will be shipped within 48 hours, but I have my doubts. I wonder if they would actually ship a jersey out that has not been officially released.

I ordered a McGahee one last night when the link still worked. I have a confirmation email that says my order will be shipped within 48 hours, but I have my doubts. I wonder if they would actually ship a jersey out that has not been officially released.

349285[/snapback]

Well.... we know they already have them, so they can start selling them Saturday. Dunno about the '48 hours' part, but if they sent a confirmation, you'd think it SHOULD be arriving sometime next week ...