Stones Coming To Buffalo???

Rico

If it's true, and if you're inclined to want to go, you better be ready to jump on the tickets right away! They had a concert at University of Virginia and the tickets sold out in less than ten minutes!

The reason they sell out so fast is that Ticketmaster etc. buy up huge blocks, mark them up a lot, and freeze out the individuals. :doh:

I know, they've got the date wrong (Tuesday is the 31st),

but look at the logo next to this blurb on the 97 Rock home page.

Maybe an arena show! :doh:

347743[/snapback]

Im guessing the Stadium is the venue if the stones come. I think they signed some sort of deal to get more events at the stadium especially in the summer months. I'll go see that show if the Tragically Hip or Pearl Jam open for them.

Im guessing the Stadium is the venue if the stones come. I think they signed some sort of deal to get more events at the stadium especially in the summer months.  I'll go see that show if the Tragically Hip or Pearl Jam open for them.

347775[/snapback]

Not sure after the Springsteen fiasco in 2003 (moved to Darien Lake due to weak sales) plus I understand they only drew about 30,000 at the Ralph in 1997 . At least if it's an arena show, the Toronto crowd (stadium only) and Cleveland crowd (no show at all) will help fill it.

Hey if the residents of WNY are lucky the Stones will only be charging 425 a ticket since the economy is weak up there.
Top dollar ticket should only be $350, only major markets like NYC, Philly, Chicago are charging $450.

I know, they've got the date wrong (Tuesday is the 31st),

but look at the logo next to this blurb on the 97 Rock home page.

Maybe an arena show! :doh:

347743[/snapback]

I doubt it. The jocks would be dropping hints like crazy about a "major announcement" and they're not.

I've been listening all day at work (working on a holiday sucks!). Cindy Chan just mentioned the Toronto show and didn't sound like she was keeping a secret. It was really funny when Cindy said the Toronto show was at a venue she'd never heard of...the Rogers Center! (earth to Cindy, they play baseball there!).

I also listen to Q107, the classic rock station in TO, and they've not said anything about another show. The Q will have the first word on any rehersal shows, however, so I'm keeping my ear to the ground to see the Stones might be playing a club show or two "up north!"

Hey if the residents of WNY are lucky the Stones will only be charging 425 a ticket since the economy is weak up there.

347776[/snapback]

The average ticket price is $100 for the stadium shows (with the "cheap" seats going for $60).

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_...t_id=1000913496

Given that the tour's during the football season, there don't appear to be many open dates that would work at RWS. The only possibility might be September 17-18 (the Bills are at Tampa that weekend):

Aug. 21: Boston (Fenway Park)

Aug. 26: Hartford, Conn. (Rentschler Stadium)

Aug. 28: Ottawa, Ont. (Frank Clair Stadium)

Aug. 31: Detroit (Comerica Park)

Sept. 3: Moncton, N.B. (Magnetic Hill)

Sept. 6: St. Paul, Minn. (Xcel Energy Center)

Sept. 8: Milwaukee (Bradley Center)

Sept. 10: Chicago (Soldier Field)

Sept. 15: East Rutherford, N.J. (Giants Stadium)

Sept. 24: Columbus, Ohio (Nationwide Arena)

Sept. 26: Toronto (Rogers Centre)

Sept. 28: Pittsburgh (PNC Park)

Oct. 1: Hershey, Pa. (Hershey Stadium)

Oct. 3: Washington, D.C. (MCI Center)

Oct. 6: Charlottesville, Va. (Scott Stadium)

Oct. 10: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)

Oct. 15: Atlanta (Philips Arena)

Oct. 17: Miami (American Airlines Arena)

Oct. 19: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)

Oct. 21: Charlotte, N.C. (Charlotte New Arena)

Oct. 28: Calgary (Pengrowth Saddledome)

Oct. 30: Seattle (Key Arena)

Not sure after the Springsteen fiasco in 2003 (moved to Darien Lake due to weak sales)

347779[/snapback]

The difference there was that Bruce had already played Rochester six months before that and Buffalo (HSBC) within the past year, plus just about every other venue in the Northeast during that time span (including Albany). By that time the upstate market had been saturated. I think the Stones won't face that problem.

Incidentally, I went to all three of those shows plus one at the Razor when I happened to be in Boston that particular weekend. As a result I got to see him in a stadium (the Razor), a large arena (HSBC), a small arena (the War Memorial), and an outdoor amphitheatre (Darien Lake). Each had its own particular energy, charm and high points (Lost in the Flood and Tougher Than the Rest at HSBC, Blinded By The Light and Backstreets in Rochester, Racing In The Street and Adam Raised A Cain in Foxboro, and Tunnel of Love and County Fair at Darien Lake, just for example).

Did anybody catch the announcement at 8AM?  I missed it.

347996[/snapback]

Here it is...A 97 rock major concert announcement!!!!!!!!!

JOURNEY at Darien Lake!!!!!

That does not really seem all that major too me.

Honestly, thats about as major an act as your going to get in

this area.

All the real top bands pass this area over.

Maybe it would be almost major if Steve Perry was going to

tour with the band again.

That does not really seem all that major too me.

Honestly, thats about as major an act as your going to get in

this area.

All the real top bands pass this area over.

Maybe it would be almost major if Steve Perry was going to

tour with the band again.

348072[/snapback]

How lame. Norton should go back to snortin.

Much Kudos to you Mark VI for the

fab avatar of the greatest player ever to wear

the Bills colors.

Sestak Rules.

retire number 70 NOW!!!

348121[/snapback]

Most everyone under 40 is saying " who's is he ? " :blink:

I'm hoping they sell a throwback jersey with 70 Sestak. :doh:

Most everyone under 40 is saying  " who's is he ? "  :blink:

I'm hoping they sell a throwback jersey with 70 Sestak.  :doh:

348131[/snapback]

So the stones are not coming. This was all just a prank to promote journey? I was really hoping to see the stones

They announce a Journey concert by having the Stones symbol on their website. What a bunch of idiots. I don't even bother checking that station out anymore when I'm running thru the dial because it is always a commercial when I switch to it.

How ironic - the only group I've ever seen booed offstage was Journey when they opened for the Stone at the Stadium in '81.

That's ridiculous. :rolleyes: Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

How ironic - the only group I've ever seen booed offstage was Journey when they opened for the Stone at the Stadium in '81.
Yes, Steve Perry dodged a few empty bottles that day... too bad they missed.