Bills 2023-24 Schedule Preview & Prediction

corta765

13 hours ago, purple haze said:

Rose Bowl is home for UCLA.

That’s only relatively recently. For many years the Bruins shared the Coliseum with USC. For most of its long history the Rose Bowl was used just for the Rose Bowl game. (Again, it’s the closest analogy I could come up with to explain Wembley.)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

I hate this schedule 5 night games NO thank you!

As Mike North said on the interview with Sal when you are good you get the praise and attention teams get. Buffalo fans were ironically uniquely spoiled because of the drought with a lot of seasons that were nearly all 1pm games. Pretty much everyone universally acknowledges that is the best time in terms of convenience. Just hope we only get one Thursday night game.

16 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

They won’t be scheduled for 3 games on MNF.

So the NFL now allows 6 primetime games plus a potential flex. I would expect BUF/KC/CIN/PHI/DAL to all get max. Using that logic unless the Bills get 2x TNF games which no one wants either MNF or SNF will be 3x. SNF is the crown jewel of primetime so getting on there even twice is a lot and MNF has three weeks of doubleheaders to open the season so my guess is Buffalo probably helps filling those.

Edited by corta765

9 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

I sorta doubt that there is only one mathematical solution to the NFL scheduling algorithm. 

So here’s a novel idea. If your algorithm leads to one team playing another on the road 3 out of 3 years, maybe you ought to think about modifying your algorithm. 

I'd love to hear a better idea than

Play 4 games against an afc division that rotates each year, 2 against your own, 4 against an nfc division that rotates each year, and play 2 games against the other 2 afc divisions, against the team that matched up with you in the standings last year. This is incredibly reasonable and logical. And requires the possibility (which only happens if you keep finishing in the same spot as another team year after year, which is fairly rare unless you are both always great or terrible) of 3 games in a row in one stadium, but is impossible to do more than that, with any attempt to change this fact making it impossible to play half these games at home and half on the road (I've tried to fix this manually and it's not possible unless you want 7 home games half the years)

I promise you that anything you could come up with would have significantly bigger problems and make less sense as far as structuring a compelling schedule goes. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, corta765 said:

As Mike North said on the interview with Sal when you are good you get the praise and attention teams get. Buffalo fans were ironically uniquely spoiled because of the drought with a lot of seasons that were nearly all 1pm games. Pretty much everyone universally acknowledges that is the best time in terms of convenience. Just hope we only get one Thursday night game.

So the NFL now allows 6 primetime games plus a potential flex. I would expect BUF/KC/CIN/PHI/DAL to all get max. Using that logic unless the Bills get 2x TNF games which no one wants either MNF or SNF will be 3x. SNF is the crown jewel of primetime so getting on there even twice is a lot and MNF has three weeks of doubleheaders to open the season so my guess is Buffalo probably helps filling those.

I would add the Jets to your list to get max primetime games. The hype over this team is annoying and we are still months away from training camp. Don't expect to see many Bills fans at MetLife this year...

Jets Season Ticket Sales Skyrocket Thanks to Aaron Rodgers Trade (msn.com)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.