Actor Eddie Albert passes on

RIP as well. 

Wasn't he the warden in the original "Longest Yard?"   Funny timing, considering the Adam Sandler remake opened today.

346841[/snapback]

That Sandler flick was SEROIUSLY panned by the local radio reviewer - and he's a pretty straight shooter.

A lot of people here should thank Eddie Albert for pioneering television.

Eddie Albert's television career is the earliest of any other performer. It began years before electronic television was introduced to the public. In June of 1936 Eddie appeared in RCA/NBC's first private live performance for their radio licensees in New York City. This was very early experimental all electronic television system. Due to the primitive nature of these early cameras it was necessary for him to apply heavy make-up and endure tremendous heat from studio lighting. The basic makeup was green toned with purple lipstick for optimal image transmission by RCA's iconoscope pick up cameras. Since television was experimental Eddie applied his own make-up and even wrote the script for this performance.

http://www.news10.net/storyfull10.asp?id=11163

Fine guy, one of the vanishing breed. BTW, he was a Marine who participated in the invasion of Tarawa in WWII.

RIP.

346835[/snapback]

According to the sources I'm seeing, he was a Navy Lieutenant in support of the invasion...who on his own initiative went forward into the landing zone and saved "dozens" (between 40 and 80, depending on the source) of Marines. And got a well-deserved Bronze Star with a 'V'.

http://vfw8896.net/eddiealbert.htm

According to the sources I'm seeing, he was a Navy Lieutenant in support of the invasion...who on his own initiative went forward into the landing zone and saved "dozens" (between 40 and 80, depending on the source) of Marines.  And got a well-deserved Bronze Star with a 'V'.

http://vfw8896.net/eddiealbert.htm

346876[/snapback]

Separating fact from fiction has always been a challenge for the weak. Knowing the difference speaks volumes. :lol:

Gods Speed Eddie.

QUOTE(LABillzFan @ May 27 2005, 05:28 PM)

A lot of people here should thank Eddie Albert for pioneering television.

Thank you, Eddie Albert, for pioneering the medium that turned your average American into a drooling idiot who can't concentrate on a single idea for more than ten minutes.  :P

:(

:lol::D:o:D:lol:

Thank you, Eddie Albert, for pioneering the medium that turned your average American into a drooling idiot who can't concentrate on a single idea for more than ten minutes.  :lol:

:P

346874[/snapback]

Hey, I resent that. It just so happens that I've given a lot of thought to this and I absolutely am positive that I can...uhhh...rebut...your hypothesis...of a concept...from a dually knoted perspective, and it is because of this rebuttel that I can say, without question, that...that...that....

Damn. Why am I suddenly thinking about a trip to Wegmans?

Thank you, Eddie Albert, for pioneering the medium that turned your average American into a drooling idiot who can't concentrate on a single idea for more than ten minutes.  :lol:

:P

346874[/snapback]

It's not the media, per se....it's the message!

Hey, I resent that. It just so happens that I've given a lot of thought to this and I absolutely am positive that I can...uhhh...rebut...your hypothesis...of a concept...from a dually knoted perspective, and it is because of this rebuttel that I can say, without question, that...that...that....

Damn. Why am I suddenly thinking about a trip to Wegmans?

346938[/snapback]

No worries, Pac-Man should be along shortly to go another round with CTM :lol: