Beane vs Whaley vs Donahoe Drafting

Mikie2times

16 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

FWIW we selected Edmunds at #16 after trading #22 and #65 to Baltimore to move up. We also received pick #154 in return from the Ravens and selected Siran Neal.

The #22 pick ended up being LB Rashaan Evans (currently a free agent) and the #65 pick became OT Brandon Parker who in spite of starting 32 of 54 career games, is currently listed as the backup at RT for the Raiders.

That said, there were plenty of other good players selected after the Edmunds pick:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NFL_Draft

You know your draft picks Sierra!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You know your draft picks Sierra!!

I wish... my brain suffers from overload. It's amazing how much I forget. But I do have the heart of a servant... that was a researched answer.

I appreciate the positive feedback though.  👍

What is the point of comparing there all incompetent? All these Buffalo Bills general managers have failed. Next just a waste of time comparing Brandon Beane he should be fired if the Buffalo Bills don’t win the Super Bowl this season have standards Bills fans. I have seen enough of that Bills nonsense of failure for 49 years and counting. As a Bills fan I make zero excuses for forever mediocrity.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, Buffalo03 said:

He tried. I read something one time about how he had a deal in place with the Jaguars who were picking 9th in that 04 draft so he could try and grab Roethlisberger. The Jaguars were high on Reggie Williams the WR and told Donahoe if Williams was there, they would not make the deal. Well he ended up being there, the Jags stayed put and took him and we lost out on Roethlisberger to the Steelers. The most frustrating part about that whole thing is Reggie Williams ended up being a terrible draft pick by the Jaguars and they ruined everything by picking a complete bust

I'm glad there is more access now then there was back then. 

Every year in the Ralph years it was a story about how a successful draft pick was someone that the Bills loved, but passed over for a bust. 

Whaley tried this with Mahomes, when he was making the rounds on podcasts saying him and his staff loved him, but Pegula or McDermott didn't want a QB. 

I never believed many of these stories, Donahoe, Modrak, Levy, Brandon, Nix, Whaley always were going to pick stars, but ended up with Whitner over Ngata.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.