A Question That Has Haunted Me - What If 2017 Draft Was Different By That Trade Back ?

T master

It seems like the conversation is deviating from the OP original question...this isn't a swap out Mahomes for Allen quesiton...at least that isn't what was asked...it's would you still have Allen if the trade didn't happen....and the answer is YES.  you would.  The draft picks involved in trading up to 7 with Tampa didn't involve the 1st round selection KC traded to the Bills.  Also, the Bills were NOT taking a QB in 2017...that's been well documented.  

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yes, Mahomes is the best at the moment. I don’t think that’s even up for debate. Allen was supposed to be a project QB and the fact he broke Marino’s record is mind blowing considering he didn’t really put it all together until his 3rd year. 

On track with Rivers?! Those Chargers teams were Fing STACKED w/ HOF talent on every side of the ball. I actually had to go back and check out their mid 2000s roster. It is even better than I remember. Imagine if Buffalo had a Tomlinson/ Sproles/Michael Turner trio, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, Keenan McCardell as their #2, prime Shawn Merriman as their pass rusher, the list goes on & on. Rivers is Jim Kelly if you ordered him on Wish. They are not even in the same stratosphere as far as the actual talent of the position. Didn’t Allen beat him in the playoffs? 

Yeah Allen with those Chargers squads in the mid 2000s would be devastating for the league! Allen did beat Rivers his final year in the league. Sent him to retirement. 😂 

You’re right of course. Allen is a lot more talented. I am confident he will get at least 1 Superbowl. Just a matter of time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Madbillsfan said:

They have. We all have at some point or another. Sometimes people commit to someone or something and will lie to protect their fragility. 

I’ll be honest, I think most of us never even connected the dots to ask. Trades get so hard to keep track of. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.