The Walls be Closing

Kemp

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Your use of the word. Clearly you do not know what it means or how to use it. Let me help and then you can plug the definition of exalt into your previous sentence:

hold (someone or something) in very high regard; think or speak very highly of.

Give it a try 

Own goal. Nothing unusual. 

Yes. So what. Not a common syntax usage but correct. Hold and speak of are not exact similies. If they were, there’s no reason for the word to exist

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes. So what. Not a common syntax usage but correct

It’s not correct as it conveyed the exact opposite of what you intended. To argue otherwise would be in keeping with your nature but it’s probably distracting you from the ocean view and only making you look like more of a dumbass. Just take the L and try not to be the ugly American on the links. That’s a big ask but do what you can. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

It’s not correct as it conveyed the exact opposite of what you intended. To argue otherwise would be in keeping with your nature but it’s probably distracting you from the ocean view and only making you look like more of a dumbass. Just take the L and try not to be the ugly American on the links. That’s a big ask but do what you can. 

I think of them in high regard the same way Trump thinks of his cult. He thinks they’re dumb and beneath him. They r truly useful idiots but he outwardly exalts them

im playing with my Scottish b in law. He’ll give as good as he gets

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I think of them in high regard the same way Trump thinks of his cult. He thinks they’re dumb and beneath him. They r truly useful idiots but he outwardly exalts them

And now you can claim a W by using the word properly. I guess in your world the actual definition doesn’t matter much and it can be used as a catch-all. Nevertheless…

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

And now you can claim a W by using the word properly. I guess in your world the actual definition doesn’t matter much and it can be used as a catch-all. Nevertheless…

What matters is that the reader can discern the meaning. I could write it in Portuguese if anyone here could understand. Even the translation would be imprecise. Btw, I can say 3 words in Portuguese: f, thank you and you’re welcome. F from playing golf in Sintra last week at a monastery golf course with a Portuguese banker ( who is terrible)

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What matters is that the reader can discern the meaning. I could write it in Portuguese if anyone here could understand. Even the translation would be imprecise. Btw, I can say 3 words in Portuguese: f, thank you and you’re welcome. F from playing golf in Sintra last week at a monastery golf course

What matters is when a self-important pecksniff such as yourself uses a word that conveys the exact opposite of what was intended. It’s very satisfying and toying with you as you flail adds to the pleasure. 

It’s ok to admit you used the wrong word. It would make you seem less of a tool. Marginally. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

What matters is when a self-important pecksniff such as yourself uses a word that conveys the exact opposite of what was intended. It’s very satisfying and toying with you as you flail adds to the pleasure. 

It’s ok to admit you used the wrong word. It would make you seem less of a tool. Marginally. 

Your opinion means worse than ***** to me. You’re an ignorant fool with dualistic thinking. Not. The last bit creative

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Your opinion means worse than ***** to me. You’re an ignorant fool with dualistic thinking. Not. The last bit creative

That just makes you a bigot. 

but your posting history makes that the least of your defective thought process.

you should stick to attacking negative stereotypes to people based on race and what not.

its your thing

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yet, as always, you can’t help but engage. 

“Opinion means worse than…”. Don’t you mean “less than”? 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦 

Also - least bit, not last bit. Elite my ass.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

She isn't even the best dressed in the over 55 modular home HHC its in.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

i'm used to transcriptionists

colloquialism asshat

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Nope, still (just) here.  Was invited to and checked-out the other board but this is where I started and where I'll stay.

And they left because of issues with Scott (SDS).  They had been brewing for years.

As for my relative lack of posting, been dealing with an end-of-life MIL who just recently passed. 

You’re correct, of course, on the reasons the other folks left and started their own board.  I liked interacting with those folks and think the board is diminished by the absence,  but I’m a creature of habit.  

Whats interesting to me is how often a reference to the other board or board members comes up here by people supposedly glad to see them gone.  The latest is Fergie, claiming to have run people off and going on about his old screen name.  It’s odd. 

Sorry to hear about your mother in law and hope you and your wife are ok.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Or poor use of the language as has been your pattern. Either way. 

creativity, over the hill

ee cummings says hi....but he's black and u prolly don't like him.

societal norms are meaningless to elites.  As long as they r understood.  There's another villa next to ours.  pool is easily visualized.  tomorrow I'm going skinny dipping.  cuz I can.  And no one will say a word.

12 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

creativity, over the hill

ee cummings says hi....but he's black and u prolly don't like him.

societal norms are meaningless to elites.  As long as they r understood.  There's another villa next to ours.  pool is easily visualized.  tomorrow I'm going skinny dipping.  cuz I can.  And no one will say a word.

Do you remember a couple hours ago when you didn’t care about anything I had to say? That was awesome. 

• Haha (+1) 1

i only care when I can refute you.  War....

Let me know if that ever happens. As of now you are hitless. Keep swinging!

If real war ever came you would be first to hide in the basement. Even you know that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Let me know if that ever happens. As of now you are hitless. Keep swinging!

If real war ever came you would be first to hide in the basement. Even you know that. 

I have guns and can use them.  I live on top of a hill.  I'd kill many more than me.  In these crazy times it's not only me w semi automatics.