Student in yearbook identified only as 'Black Girl

"But it's only because I love and idealize all races, to the point where I believe they should be strictly segregated in the interest of racial purity so my blonde-and-blue ideal isn't corrupted - whoops, did I say that last part out loud?"  :lol:

345951[/snapback]

no.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But it's only because I love and idealize all races, to the point where I believe they should be strictly segregated in the interest of racial purity so my blonde-and-blue ideal isn't corrupted - whoops, did I say that last part out loud?"  :lol:

345951[/snapback]

They haven't put you back in the zoo yet?

They haven't put you back in the zoo yet?

346015[/snapback]

He was one of the "experimental animals". Now, we have to lose him without PETA involvement.

That will end up being another 20 page worthless thread. Mensa? Go for it. What a friggen idiot.

He was one of the "experimental animals". Now, we have to lose him without PETA involvement.

That will end up being another 20 page worthless thread. Mensa? Go for it. What a friggen idiot.

346018[/snapback]

I believe CTM has called himself a Mensa member, and I've done the same. Given that he was the one who wrecked this thread, I'd like to think your second paragraph was in reference to him.

Motney talks, BS walks, pal.

If I'm paying $X every year so that the kids in my district get a top-notch education, why should someone who does not have to share that burden reap the benefits?

This ain't the USSR.

344285[/snapback]

So you aren't racist, but you are pro-descrimination!

"Sorry, kid. You were born to a family that just couldn't afford to live in my area. You're at a poor school, and therefore shouldn't have all the tools necessary to be successful in life. I know it is out of your control, but thats the way the world works. Enjoy your uneducated life, sucker!"

Thats what you're saying man.

No read the article again.  They are only reprinting those pages and distributing them.

345166[/snapback]

Which is the standard practice when something was messed up. I remember some pages didn't print properly and the publishing company mailed us new pages, which we just stuck on top of the old ones (they had an adhesive back).

"Sorry, kid.  You were born to a family that just couldn't afford to live in my area.  You're at a poor school, and therefore shouldn't have all the tools necessary to be successful in life.  I know it is out of your control, but thats the way the world works.  Enjoy your uneducated life, sucker!"

346894[/snapback]

Of course, some of us believe success comes from hard work, not a rich upbringing. For every story of a George W. Bush who squanders his opportunities and is virtually handed everything in life anyway, there's someone else who's dragged himself from the depths of poverty to the heights of success.

If it's discriminatory to say you have to work to earn what you want...then count me as discriminatory as well.

Of course, some of us believe success comes from hard work, not a rich upbringing.  For every story of a George W. Bush who squanders his opportunities and is virtually handed everything in life anyway, there's someone else who's dragged himself from the depths of poverty to the heights of success.

If it's discriminatory to say you have to work to earn what you want...then count me as discriminatory as well.

346919[/snapback]

I also believe that success comes from hard work. However, in a lot of cases hard work just simply isn't enough. Money does play a big role in quality of education and if its going to prepare you adaquately for life or not.

Unofrtunately luck plays too big a role right now if someone is going to be able to work out of a poverished life or not. I'd love to say that in America, even if you are poverished, the environment is one in which you can simply work hard and you'll succeed.

Sounds all too much like the ideal of the American dream to me, which I don't believe is a clear view on reality.

Down with whitey!

Look man, my ancestors never lynched anybody, never owned a slave. Neither have I. So how is it I'm supposed to pay for the sins of people in the past with whome I've got no connectionother than the color of my skin, huh?

344204[/snapback]

honkey

I don't see what's so offensive with the phrase "black girl". If it said the "N" word, then she might have a case, but come on. If I had "white guy" next to my picture, i'd laugh.

Some people have very thin skin!

343891[/snapback]

The correct response would be 'some people, based on circumstances and things they have dealt with in life - racially, have been GIVEN thin skins - it gets tiresome.

I also believe that success comes from hard work.  However, in a lot of cases hard work just simply isn't enough.  Money does play a big role in quality of education and if its going to prepare you adaquately for life or not. 

Unofrtunately luck plays too big a role right now if someone is going to be able to work out of a poverished life or not.  I'd love to say that in America, even if you are poverished, the environment is one in which you can simply work hard and you'll succeed.

Sounds all too much like the ideal of the American dream to me, which I don't believe is a clear view on reality.

346921[/snapback]

Hey big surprise, luck happens (or not). That's why it's call the American Dream and not the American Guarantee. No one ever said that hard work alone would ensure success. That's part of life.

Too bad we have so many stupid people who can't deal with that reality and instead think we can pass endless laws in an attempt to eliminate someone else's good fortune.

Hey big surprise, luck happens (or not).  That's why it's call the American Dream and not the American Guarantee.  No one ever said that hard work alone would ensure success.  That's part of life.

Too bad we have so many stupid people who can't deal with that reality and instead think we can pass endless laws in an attempt to eliminate someone else's good fortune.

351464[/snapback]

My point is that in the education system luck shouldn't hold one back. Holding someone back due to a background of being born into a poor family is unnecessary and bad for society. I'd much rather have society make an initial schooling investment and have everyone from a poor background that is smart and works hard succeed over people from a rich neighborhood that make it through life just because their parents were rich. Think about how much better society would be.

Luck shouldn't play a part in education. Other things? Sure. Education? No.

Too bad we have so many stupid people who can't deal with the reality that our education system shouldn't be based upon hard work but instead think that it should be based on someone's good fortune.

Identifying someone's race makes one a racist?  Get a clue.  And a dictionary.

351465[/snapback]

That was my point assclown. Thanks Ted Turner.

So you aren't racist, but you are pro-descrimination!

"Sorry, kid.  You were born to a family that just couldn't afford to live in my area.  You're at a poor school, and therefore shouldn't have all the tools necessary to be successful in life.  I know it is out of your control, but thats the way the world works.  Enjoy your uneducated life, sucker!"

Thats what you're saying man.

346894[/snapback]

No, what I'm saying is that these "parents", if they really wanted to make a better life for their child should scrape together whatever it takes to get their kid into that district. That's what I'D do for my daughter.

Two questions:

1) Are you a parent?

2) Have you ever owned a home and paid school taxes on it?

My point is that in the education system luck shouldn't hold one back.  Holding someone back due to a background of being born into a poor family is unnecessary and bad for society.  I'd much rather have society make an initial schooling investment and have everyone from a poor background that is smart and works hard succeed over people from a rich neighborhood that make it through life just because their parents were rich.  Think about how much better society would be.

Luck shouldn't play a part in education.  Other things?  Sure.  Education? No. 

Too bad we have so many stupid people who can't deal with the reality that our education system shouldn't be based upon hard work but instead think that it should be based on someone's good fortune.

That was my point assclown.  Thanks Ted Turner.

351507[/snapback]

My mother grew up dirt poor in a broken home. She WORKED through school and WORKED through college and got her Masters. Don't tell me inner-city poor kids can't do it too, because her environment and her family situation was ust as bad if not worse than many black kids' today.

If MY child were in a sh---ola district, I'd do whatever I could to either get her into a better district or a private school. I'd work three jobs if I had to.

Where are the "parents" of these poor, lost kids?

Again, BlueFire, this isn't make-believe. This isn't academia. This is the REAL WORLD. People play for keeps.

You EARN your way, no matter waht your fricking color is.

Wake up and smell reality.

No, what I'm saying is that these "parents", if they really wanted to make a better life for their child should scrape together whatever it takes to get their kid into that district. That's what I'D do for my daughter.

Two questions:

1) Are you a parent?

2) Have you ever owned a home and paid school taxes on it?

351834[/snapback]

No and no.

My mother grew up dirt poor in a broken home. She WORKED through school and WORKED through college and got her Masters. Don't tell me inner-city poor kids can't do it too, because her environment and her family situation was ust as bad if not worse than many black kids' today.

If MY child were in a sh---ola district, I'd do whatever I could to either get her into a better district or a private school. I'd work three jobs if I had to.

Where are the "parents" of these poor, lost kids?

Again, BlueFire, this isn't make-believe. This isn't academia. This is the REAL WORLD. People play for keeps.

You EARN your way, no matter waht your fricking color is.

Wake up and smell reality.

351837[/snapback]

Question for you: Have you ever been down to South Texas? Seen the schools there?

These people can't even afford books, let alone running water. The "school" is pathetic. They're legal residents too. It sucks that their parents made such poor choices when they came to the US, to try and work on the farms down there, when they could have easily gone to say El Paso or somewhere else and done much better.

You're right Joe, this isn't make-believe. This is the REAL WORLD, which is why its so sad that these kids, who could be brilliant, will never, ever get a chance to show off their stuff.