Overreaction.com

TC in St. Louis

Only so much heart and willpower can do. It just wasn't our time this year. Only those that have truly been in the arena in their given fields will understand. 

That said, changes need to be made on the O-line and the WR room. Time to put less money in the defense and more on the offense. It's not 2017 anymore. We won't be so unlucky next year, simply because that's how pendulums swing. 

I know it's hard because we all believed this was our year, including the entire organization. We battled beyond what is ordinary. But it all came to a scratching halt. Winners don't fail. They only have temporary setbacks. Listen to Von when he speaks. Next year will our year. 

42 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

KC rebuilt their oline in 1 offseason..while we are drafting boogie Basham before KC  2 spots later they ran to the podium to draft the best center in Football in creed Humphries 

Yeah that one still stings. There were people on this very forum that knew Creed was going to be a stud.

• Agree 1

Did the coaches run out of gas too? 

There’s an important distinction between failing at something and continuing to make the wrong choices AND failing at something.

for example, Gabe Davis’ drops are a problem but he was on the jugs machine after practice. Still had a huge drop in the game 

vs.

McDermott calls timeouts on defense allowing KC to see the defensive alignment. Kelce on video proving it, then he continues to call defensive timeouts mistakingly thinking he’s the one getting some sort of advantage, but he miraculously gives up 1st down on every single instance of that in the playoffs. You’d think the D would stop them once just by chance. 

The process is broken 

I think there’s a lot to be said on the kind of ball that you’re playing as you go into the playoffs. We started off the year so hot and by the time we go to the 3/4 mark of the season we weren’t playing or baseball I think that does go on coaching because by the time we got to the 3/4 mark we were starting to get people back off of injury. We were very healthy minus a few players in that game against the Bengals, I think they came out flat. I think the damar Hamlin situation had something to do with that and you can blame coaching for them being flat but it’s the players that play the game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.