Gronk Almost Signed with Bills?

ExiledInIllinois

On 4/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, Success said:

I just had a fairly heated back & forth w/ an opposing fan about Gronk.  I really still can't get over the dirty hit on Tre all those years ago.  And it has almost nothing to do w/ him being a Patriot & all that.

That hit made me legit sick to my stomach.  He could have really hurt Tre, and as it is, I think he did cause a concussion (if my memory is right on that).  It was the 4th quarter, they were up by 3 scores, and he lost it because White grabbed his jersey a couple of times in coverage.

It was just crazy 'roid rage kind of stuff.  Now, his national image is the "goofy frat guy," and he's in so many commercials playing that role.  I just smh every time I see him. It's one of the dirtiest plays I have seen in the sport.  

Do you feel that way (just asking anyone), or am I being too tough on him for that?

Here is the thing...yes it was a very dirty play.  But it was like 5 or 6 years ago and Tre was ultimately OK, Gronk was punished and suspended, and life went on.  Gronk clearly let his frustration get the best of him, totally uncalled for cheap shot was the result.  But its a violent game, and sometimes these guys just make stupid meathead decisions in the heat of the moment.  So I don't have any strong feelings about it today. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.