Let's just say the documents

IUBillsFan

According to Limbaugh the Dems have stated that this is a set-up by the Republicans. Please save your breath - anti-Limbaugh rants are old hat.

Could this be an admission that the documents are forged?

A week or so ago, the Kerry campaign invited in members and and strategists from "The Best and Brightest" who promised "The most ethical administration in history".

I wonder if they slipped the knife in? "Et tu, Hillary?" :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see.  Up until about 1986 he was snorting coke and/or getting loaded with regularity, all the while engaging in a series of failed businesses for which the money was put up by Daddy's friends.  Then he found Jesus, who told him to trade Sammy Sosa and bilk the Texas taxpayers into publicly financing a stadium boondoggle.  Then he got elected governor in a state where the governor's biggest responsibility is signing death warrants.  Then he became president and sat paralyzed for seven minutes while the nation was under attack, after which he flew to Nebraska at the vice president's order.  Then he cut Daddy's taxes and increased spending.  Oh and he went to war on false pretenses and claimed victory by taking a 30-mile flight on a fighter, after which several hundred more American troops died and continue to die.

Oh my bad.  That's the other guy.

How about:  went to law school, became a prosecutor, became lieutenant governor, and was elected to four terms in the United States Senate?

25931[/snapback]

Is that you Mr. Carville?

The left has one serious problem in keeping this contained.

There is nothing that ABC, NBC, CNN, FOX et. al. would love to do more than steal the million people who watch Dan Rather. To that end, they will play this forged document right to the bone and run it and run it and run it until Dan and company have to start 'splainin' things.

In other words, the GOP doesn't need to do anything but let the lions fight the lions. That, in and of itself, will put Kerry deeper in trouble than he already is.

Good news, though. This just in: BRH says Kerry was in Vietnam and Bush is a cokehead.

$100 bucks says Clinton gave the fake document to Kerry and said "Here...run with this," just before asking the piano player for a little Francis Albert and the concierge to locate some more pate'.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
This is too much fun! :(

Where's Nutty Nozzle, LasBlz and Tenny? Aren't they going to come to the rescue of their fellow partisian hack BRH? Dude's taking on water and sinking fast...just like the Kerry campaign :(

26300[/snapback]

Ohh, my bad.. I thought this was Politics, Polls, and Pundits, not Name Calling, Nuttiness, and News Stories Unverified! I'll just wait until this he said, he said worthless ping-pong match gets over with. Personally, the military record issue is now a wash... both candidates have proven themselves to be hacks.

Rather's rebuttal on the CBS Evening News was so weak just now that I am convinced he's lying.

(real) MEMO TO DAN: The burden of proof is on you! Not the 'partisan web sites' and their rumors!

He picked out the superscript issue and showed that another Bush document also had a superscript 'TH.' He put them side by side to show it could happen. The problem? The two superscript TH's were completely different. Not surpisingly, the 'newly revealed memo' version looked exactly like the Microsoft Word version.

He trotted out an expert who thought they were real and a veteran who said they were written the way memos would have been written.

NO MENTION OF KILLIAN'S WIFE AND SON AMONG THOSE QUESTIONING THE AUTHENTICITY!!!!

Dude made it sound like evil conservative spies were unfairly attacking him!!!!

Horrible.

Ohh, my bad.. I thought this was Politics, Polls, and Pundits, not Name Calling, Nuttiness, and News Stories Unverified! I'll just wait until this he said, he said worthless ping-pong match gets over with. Personally, the military record issue is now a wash... both candidates have proven themselves to be hacks.

26318[/snapback]

I was enjoying reading BRH's epileptic fit, and how none of the usual suspects came running in with a tongue suppressor before he swallowed it. :(

As someone who resides on the right side of the aisle, I find this funny.If I couldn't laugh at it all I'd get sick to my stomach at the depths electing our leaders has sunken to.

In the USMC we have a saying, if you've dug yourself into a hole, the best way to get out is quit digging.

Ok...haven't been "close attention" to Kerry's four months in Vietnam. I know it was a 1 year tour. My question is was any of his wounds worthy of his tour being cut 8 months short? I have seen that his wounds were superficial at best. Please enlighten me...I honestly do not know the answer.

I was enjoying reading BRH's epileptic fit, and how none of the usual suspects came running in with a tongue suppressor before he swallowed it. :(

In the USMC we have a saying, if you've dug yourself into a hole, the best way to get out is quit digging.

26430[/snapback]

I was enjoying a nice glass of wine, till I read your post.

Q? What cleans a nice chardonnay off monitors? :(:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Dan Rather's expert on the CBS Evening News tonight.....

....a handwriting expert!

No one even questioned the signatures because it would be so easy to scan a real one and paste it onto freshly word-processed document.

Dan Rather: Owned

This isn't going away. Rather has been destroyed in the past 24 hours by this thing. Did he think his bitter temper tantrum on national TV tonight was going to scare everyone off? When he didn't answer any of the main questions that have already been raised.

ABC: Hodges says he was misled by CBS

ABC News

HODGES SAID HE WAS MISLED BY CBS: Retired Maj. General Hodges, Killian's supervisor at the Grd, tells ABC News that he feels CBS misled him about the documents they uncovered. According to Hodges, CBS told him the documents were "handwritten" and after CBS read him excerpts he said, "well if he wrote them that's what he felt."

Hodges also said he did not see the documents in the 70's and he cannot authenticate the documents or the contents. His personal belief is that the documents have been "computer generated" and are a "fraud".

Get started on your resignation, Danny.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

As someone who resides on the right side of the aisle, I find this funny.If I couldn't  laugh at it all I'd get sick to my stomach at the depths electing our leaders has sunken to.

26430[/snapback]

I have embarassed myself on several occasions this week... maybe due to the start of football, or I have burned myself out due to class, but I moved on. You just can never hold back emotions sometimes, trust me. I've had a very good laugh reading things here lately, the back-and-forth, name name name sort of thing. :(

The Expert Ambush by Marcel Marceau Matley

"At least with the above you will have hopefully survived the day, and hopefully your skilll and forthrightness would have gained the judge’s approval for a continuance. But survival is the most basic human instinct; and, if you do not survive to fight another day, you will have for certain only gained your opponent’s approval. What possible comfort could that be?"

:(

I have zero idea whether or not the documents are fake. I do NOT trust 60 Minutes for a second, and haven't for 25 years. They are slimeballs there, IMO. To date, there is zero evidence or proof that that are fake.

But...

If they WERE fake... and someone went to extraordinary lengths to fake them... unless they were TOTAL MORONS (which, of course, is possible)... they would have used the name of a cop who was there at the time.

This story of the cop almost lends more credence to the documents validity, when the real story of the cop comes out, as much as it may discount it.