I hate articles that speculate on...

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable with that? It make me cringe when I read things about that. See the article form the Buffalo Business Journal on today's Bills news to understand what I mean. I hate to think about the Bills moving, but it's morbid to discuss someone passing away like that. Would you like to pick up up newspaper and read an article that discussed your death? Not too cool.

Thats my rant for today.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable with that? It make me cringe when I read things about that. See the article form the Buffalo Business Journal on today's Bills news to understand what I mean. I hate to think about the Bills moving, but it's morbid to discuss someone passing away like that. Would you like to pick up up newspaper and read an article that discussed your death? Not too cool. 

Thats my rant for today.

342683[/snapback]

I sure would. Could collect my life insurance while I'm still alive. WooHoo!!!!

Dude I am pretty sure ole Ralphy boy has been planning on his death for at least 50 yrs. Dude had cake even before he owned the Bills, and you do not die with his kind of money with no plan in place. Christ, I only have about half of what he has :w00t: and my plans are all laid out even at 42. As I've mentioned before, ashes to be spread at the Ralph at the first Felons game after my death.

I sure would. Could collect my life insurance while I'm still alive. WooHoo!!!!

Dude I am pretty sure ole Ralphy boy has been planning on his death for at least 50 yrs. Dude had cake even before he owned the Bills, and you do not die with his kind of money with no plan in place. Christ, I only have about half of what he has :w00t:    and my plans are all laid out even at 42. As I've mentioned before, ashes to be spread at the Ralph at the first Felons game after my death.

342695[/snapback]

Didn't some guy have a plane fly over the stadium a few years back and release his ashes? I think the Bills were actually practicing at the time. That's classic.

Didn't some guy have a plane fly over the stadium  a few years back and release his ashes? I think the Bills were actually practicing at the time. That's classic.

342703[/snapback]

Now thats pretty cool!!!! Might have to look into that

Thats my rant for today.

342683[/snapback]

Anyone with RW's kind of jack does some serious estate planning to try and keep the tax-man at bay. I am sure that contingencies exist for all possible scenarios. But, you can't do much estate planning after you go toes up, so the smart thing to do is sell the team before he passes with him retaining some life estate ownership interest that terminates on his death. Not surprised that his heirs want to cash out on what has turned out to be a marvelous investment, when you consider his franchise cost him $25k, and is now worth at least 1000 times that.

Now thats pretty cool!!!! Might have to look into that

342708[/snapback]

I ike the idea of having ashes spread on the field before the Bills-Miami game. That would be awesome. I'd want to make sure that the ashes hit a few tailgates on the way in too. Even in death, I'd not want to miss a good party.

Anyone with RW's kind of jack does some serious estate planning to try and keep the tax-man at bay.  I am sure that contingencies exist for all possible scenarios.  But, you can't do much estate planning after you go toes up, so the smart thing to do is sell the team before he passes with him retaining some life estate ownership interest that terminates on his death.  Not surprised that his heirs want to cash out on what has turned out to be a marvelous investment, when you consider his franchise cost him $25k, and is now worth at least 1000 times that.

342715[/snapback]

A little owner vs. IRS background. They will eventually get Mike Brown of the B'gals IMHO. Seems like a fast one was pulled. Dunno, YMMV.

http://www.cincypost.com/news/1997/brown043097.html

A little owner vs. IRS background.  They will eventually get Mike Brown of the B'gals IMHO. Seems like a fast one was pulled. Dunno, YMMV.

http://www.cincypost.com/news/1997/brown043097.html

342723[/snapback]

I've always thought that estate taxes are terrible. Why pay taxes on money that was already taxed? Bravo to Mr. Brown for his victory on that.

I have no attachment to western NY, but if the Bills were to leave, the franchise and the NFL can kiss my lilly white ass.

342744[/snapback]

amen. If the Bills leave the Buffalo, I will say goodbye to the NFL and never watch another game again. I would go out of my way to make sure I didn't hand over one dime to the league. I am certain there are many of my fellow fans that would do the same. I was pissed when the Browns left Cleveland and screwed over fans like my grandpa who was an original fan from back in the day.

amen. If the Bills leave the Buffalo, I will say goodbye to the NFL and never watch another game again. I would go out of my way to make sure I didn't hand over one dime to the league.  I am certain there are many of my fellow fans that would do the same. I was pissed when the Browns left Cleveland and screwed over fans like my grandpa who was an original fan from back in the day.

342753[/snapback]

I am in total agreement - I would wash my hands of the NFL. Unfortunately, I can't see the league doing for the city and fans what they did for Cleveland, in the event the Bills move. I can see the greedy owners more readily approving the sale to a group that would move to a bigger market - more TV $$, and f**k the good and loyal fans of Buffalo. Shame.

I've always thought that estate taxes are terrible. Why pay taxes on money that was already taxed? Bravo to Mr. Brown for his victory on that.

342738[/snapback]

WSJ did a great piece on this subject last week. People who inherited their money were all for keeping the death taxes. Those who had worked for their money were all for abolishing them.

I am in total agreement - I would wash my hands of the NFL.  Unfortunately, I can't see the league doing for the city and fans what they did for Cleveland, in the event the Bills move.  I can see the greedy owners more readily approving the sale to a group that would move to a bigger market - more TV $$, and f**k the good and loyal fans of Buffalo.  Shame.

342757[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty resigned to the fact that 10 years from now, that team will be somewhere other than Buffalo. The day is coming and I guarantee you there will be one hell of a fight from the fans and the politicians, but it won't be enough. In the past, I've been positive abut the situation there and the fact that they will stay, but I'm losing that feeling.

I am in total agreement - I would wash my hands of the NFL.  Unfortunately, I can't see the league doing for the city and fans what they did for Cleveland, in the event the Bills move.  I can see the greedy owners more readily approving the sale to a group that would move to a bigger market - more TV $$, and f**k the good and loyal fans of Buffalo.  Shame.

342757[/snapback]

if they ever moved, i'd hate the team and new owner, no questions askedi mean i would hate them even more than i hate the fins and pats now...prolly still watch the NFL tho, only cuz i am so attached to it...

I have no attachment to western NY, but if the Bills were to leave, the franchise and the NFL can kiss my lilly white ass.

342744[/snapback]

I'd never root for the ______ Bills, but in no way would I drop the NFL and football. I love playing fantasy football too much. I'm sure I'd eventually lean towards a different team to root for, but I admit I'd never be one tenth as passionate for them as I am for the Bills.

Personally I think the NFL knows that it's good for the league to have a few healthy small market teams and after Green Bay Buffalo has to be one of the more storied small market football towns and the suits running the league will try awfully hard to make sure the Bills stay put. I don't have any real evidence to point to, just a gut feeling.

if they ever moved, i'd hate the team and new owner, no questions askedi mean i would hate them even more than i hate the fins and pats now...prolly still watch the NFL tho, only cuz i am so attached to it...

342770[/snapback]

I would wage a one man war against the new owner, team and city. I'm not sure what I'd do, but it would be very bad.

I'd never root for the ______ Bills, but in no way would I drop the NFL and football. I love playing fantasy football too much. I'm sure I'd eventually lean towards a different team to root for, but I admit I'd never be one tenth as passionate for them as I am for the Bills.

Personally I think the NFL knows that it's good for the league to have a few healthy small market teams and after Green Bay Buffalo has to be one of the more storied small market football towns and the suits running the league will try awfully hard to make sure the Bills stay put. I don't have any real evidence to point to, just a gut feeling.

342788[/snapback]

Green Bay, Buffalo, New Orleans and Jacksonville asre the smallest markets. New Orleans is in serious jeapordy at this point. In my opinion, Buffalo is actually a mid-sized market when you factor in Rochetser, the southern tier and Ontario. That's a big fan base. I hope the NFL suits view it as such when the time comes.