More Pat Tillman News

Which is something that a civilian would never understand.

I'd like to see some of the linguini-types around here work on a gun battery for a day or two.

MWAA!

343440[/snapback]

Another thing they wouldn't understand is UCMJ. Being 5 minutes late for work could get you 14 days extra duty and a loss of 2 weeks pay.

Another thing they wouldn't understand is UCMJ.  Being 5 minutes late for work could get you 14 days extra duty and a loss of 2 weeks pay.

344352[/snapback]

Being overweight gets you two extra hours of PT each day...AFTER work.

Civilians have no clue. None. And yet they PRETEND to know enough to second-guess the military. Sickening.

Civilians have no clue. None. And yet they PRETEND to know enough to second-guess the military. Sickening.

344358[/snapback]

How can you expect them to? A good percentage of them don't own a firearm and wouldn't be able to adequately protect themselves from a teenager. At the first sign of trouble, curl up into the fetal position with thumb firmly entrenched in gullet.

344358[/snapback]

My boss is a Col. Where does that put me?

You'd be amazed how "old school" this place is.

<_<

How can you expect them to?  A good percentage of them don't own a firearm and wouldn't be able to adequately protect themselves from a teenager.

344363[/snapback]

Owning a firearm makes a civilian understand what it's like to serve in the military? <_<

I guess that's the conclusion you can draw from it if you'd like.  I'd expect you of all people to try a little harder.

345115[/snapback]

I'm not drawing any conclusions. I am wondering what in the world you meant.

How can you expect them to?  A good percentage of them don't own a firearm and wouldn't be able to adequately protect themselves from a teenager.

Not (currently) owning a firearm and never having enlisted in the military, I'm curious what the relationship between the two might be because I'm not seeing how the two could be related.