Twitter Files Part 11: How Twitter Let The IC In

"Let"?  Social media has always been the government.  

They'd much rather have people think that Twitter et al "allows" the government to interface with their product, as if they have a choice.  People think "oh well, the government doesn't care about my hot takes on the Buffalo Bills, or how much I enjoyed that summer vacation, or the 1,233 pictures of my kids playing sports.

Versus the likely reality that Twitter, Facebook are the storefronts of a passive intelligence gathering operation and they care deeply about every picture, every piece of information.  

It's not very different from how the Feds caught the Idaho killer.  People, of their own free will, contribute DNA to websites!  People of their own free will, share picture after picture of themselves and family, and what they do with their time.  

All you have to do is sit back...and let them.

• 3 months later...

‘Blew My Mind’: Elon Musk Claims Federal Agencies Had Access to Twitter Direct Messages

by Ari Blaff

Twitter CEO Elon Musk said that U.S. government agencies had “full access” to directed messages on the platform in an excerpt of an interview with Tucker Carlson released Sunday afternoon.

“The degree to which various government agencies had effectively had full access to everything that was going on on Twitter blew my mind. I was not aware of that,” Musk tells Fox News anchor Carlson in one clip cut from a longer interview set to air Monday night. “Would that include people’s DMs?” Carlson asked. “Yes,” Musk responded. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/blew-my-mind-elon-musk-claims-federal-agencies-had-access-to-twitter-direct-messages/