What did everyone think of old Ralph's comments?

Thats kind of scary hearing him say he has no control once he passes on. I was hoping he would make his family at least promise to sell to an owner who wanted to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

I would hope someone from the area would step up and purchase the Bills but to be quite honest, I think the sonner the better that LA getsa team and Ralph holds on a few more years.

Didnt see a thread on this and was wondeing what you guys thought.

Right now, the Saints are openly talking about moving to Los Angeles. Apparently, they have an out in their Superdome contract at the end of this year.

We also know that Anaheim is attempting to build a new NFL playpen in the Angel Stadium parking lot. So as of right now, I think the Saints are most likely to move, followed closely by the Chargers.

Tom Benson has told New Orleans officials either they promise a new stadium or he's gone...possibly as soon as next year.

As far as Ralph Wilson's comments are concerned, he's right in stating that he cannot promise the team will stay once he's gone. But I also think he lives long enough for estate tax not to be a problem (it will be totally abolished within five years) and someone from WNY will step up and buy the team.

I think the Bills are better off in WNY, between tremendous fan support and stepped-up corporate help, than in Los Angeles or anywhere else.

Mike

Ralph didn't say anything we didn't already know. It was common knowledge that his daughters didn't want the team and would be forced to sell anyway, and that he can't force a new owner(s) to keep them in Buffalo. Now I don't know if he's saying that they won't or won't be able to sell the team to a group with interests in keeping the team in Buffalo, because I've heard of several groups who are interested in buying.

You would think Ralph could work up a sales agreement with a group wanting to keep the team in buffalo now. He could still retain 51% Of the team if thats what he wants, but once he passes on, there is an option for the new ownership group to purchase the remainder of the team. I think Ralph could take care of this while he is still around. I hope he does.

Even better...the team moves to norfolk, va...but again...im dreaming :blink:

I've mentioned before, but i know that there is a group ready to buy the bills and keep them here if and when ralph passes. I have a family member who has first hand knowledge of this deal, but i can't get into specifics... You'll just have to trust me.

How about Warren Buffet?

It would be cool if we could go what Green Bay did...

Fans can all kick in and buy the team.

341751[/snapback]

I think the green bay public ownership was outlawed by the nfl after they did it.

I've mentioned before, but i know that there is a group ready to buy the bills and keep them here if and when ralph passes.  I have a family member who has first hand knowledge of this deal, but i can't get into specifics...  You'll just have to trust me.

An "inside source?" Liar!

J/K, even though I don't have inside knowledge of a group ready to buy the Bills, I've heard of enough interested parties (Kelly, Golisano, Wegmans, Rich) to know that there will be at least ONE owner (and that's all it takes) who CAN buy the Bills and will WANT to keep them in Buffalo, after Ralph dies. Whether they are able to buy the team (because the other NFL owners might not want to approve the sale of the team to a group who wants to keep it in Buffalo) remains to be seen, and if the new CBA with a cap based on total revenues but without sharing of total revenues takes effect, all bets are off.

doesnt sound like the future of the bills in buffalo is very likely. very sad.

341760[/snapback]

There are plenty of less profitable teams than the bills... They'll stay in buffalo if someone buys them.

So the Bills can play in front of a half empty Foreman Field?    :blink:

341750[/snapback]

The Virginia Beach Bills!

They could play at the Sports Complex near Princess Anne Park. Now that would be cool!

Right now, the Saints are openly talking about moving to Los Angeles.  Apparently, they have an out in their Superdome contract at the end of this year. 

We also know that Anaheim is attempting to build a new NFL playpen in the Angel Stadium parking lot.  So as of right now, I think the Saints are most likely to move, followed closely by the Chargers. 

Tom Benson has told New Orleans officials either they promise a new stadium or he's gone...possibly as soon as next year. 

As far as Ralph Wilson's comments are concerned, he's right in stating that he cannot promise the team will stay once he's gone.  But I also think he lives long enough for estate tax not to be a problem (it will be totally abolished within five years) and someone from WNY will step up and buy the team.

I think the Bills are better off in WNY, between tremendous fan support and stepped-up corporate help, than in Los Angeles or anywhere else.

Mike

341729[/snapback]

The Chargers are locked up for a about 10 more years if I remember correctly. It may be even longer than that.

I've mentioned before, but i know that there is a group ready to buy the bills and keep them here if and when ralph passes.  I have a family member who has first hand knowledge of this deal, but i can't get into specifics...  You'll just have to trust me.

341749[/snapback]

Cant be, I havn't saved up my $500 mil yet.

341749[/snapback]

I have heard from my "inside source" that Tom Gosliano (sp?- new owner of the Sabres) is very interested in buying the Bills, and keeping them in Buffalo. Gosliano will not say anything publicly, until Ralph has passed on or decides to sell, because it would be in very poor taste.

Now, I have lived away from Buffalo for almost 20 years. But, from everything I have seen or heard, Gosliano seems like a good man, and I think he is far wealthier than Ralph. I am sure if this is not the case, someone will correct me.

I remember when he purchased the Sabres, Gosliano said that in buying the team, it was not only for the love of the team, but also for the love of the area. He felt, at the time, losing either the Sabres or Bills would devistate the area. Being a businessman, it seems that Gosliano also has many other investments in the WNY area, that would be adversely affected if the Bills were no longer in Buffalo.

The Chargers are locked up for a about 10 more years if I remember correctly. It may be even longer than that.

341802[/snapback]

I don't think there are. Their looking to leave if no new stadium deal.