Brown - Productive Fairly Recently

MarlinTheMagician

3 hours ago, WideNine said:

This is certainly a possibility.

He knows our system and can read defenses so that is half the battle, but who knows if that will translate to production on the field?

We will see if he gets elevated from the PS, and see from there if he has enough left in the tank to help this offense.

I can see why everyone has questions but In terms of translating to the field, if Josh makes a better throw Brown has a TD on the first pass thrown at him vs the Jets.  

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

I can see why everyone has questions but In terms of translating to the field, if Josh makes a better throw Brown has a TD on the first pass thrown at him vs the Jets.  

Well, flushed out of the pocket due to shoddy pass pro...

Throwing a wet ball on the run 40 yards in a downpour of rain and sleet to a WR he has had little time to practice with....

I think we can be a bit forgiving on that one.

29 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Well, flushed out of the pocket due to shoddy pass pro...

Throwing a wet ball on the run 40 yards in a downpour of rain and sleet to a WR he has had little time to practice with....

I think we can be a bit forgiving on that one.

The point wasn't that Allen had a bad throw.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/15/2022 at 10:08 PM, MarlinTheMagician said:

Not blaming my boy Josh - extenuating circumstances - just pointing out the objective fact that Smoke beat his man clean and if the ball is there it is an easy six.

You misunderstood my point, and have the need to apologize backwards  - I am saying, personally, sounds to me like Beasely knows he made some bad choices and he has taken ownership of them.  So, as far as my being able to root for him, Beasely has a clean slate with me!  Was not saying anything about Beane - he did make the right choice at the time, no doubt.  I did not suggest he didn't.  

Beasley made the choice that he felt was right regarding what amounted to an experimental drug that he was going to allow to be put in his body or not. Seems like I've seen a lot of masked people protesting about the same thing. Anyway, many in the fanbase and the media blew his decision out of proportion and deliberately created a feces storm. He was hounded incessantly. He was injured and played through it during several games. People were claiming that he had lost a step and was finished. As recently as two weeks ago posters here were calling him "washed" and doing so with an attitude that put all of their past and present animus on display. By the end of last year Beasley was fed up with the way some of the fanbase and media were treating him. He played through injuries for the Bills with one of those injuries being a broken leg. He was the one who asked for his release and Beane gave it to him.

Cole was considered as one of the top 2 slot receivers in the NFL in 2020. His average per catch went down in 2021 (the year he had to work through injuries)but he still had as many catches as in the previous year. His timing and familiarity with the way Josh read the way the routes should be run was nearly perfect. Slot receivers get a lot or most of the short or medium 3rd down passes.  If it was a 3rd and 7 Beasley would time and again get 8. He was great at knowing just where the sticks were and getting beyond them. He also chipped in with bringing in longer passes and blocking downfield. He's never been a prima donna and displayed a loyalty to the team even when he was being treated like a pariah by many of the fans and instigators the likes of Jerry Sullivan. 

So, Beasley is back and only time will tell if he can't return to his super effectiveness. I welcome his rejoining the Bills and only regret that he had to leave us for nearly a year. Maybe throughout this stint with the Bills he'll be judged on his play with the team and not by people doing so with their own agendas. 

On 12/17/2022 at 1:05 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Beasley made the choice that he felt was right regarding what amounted to an experimental drug that he was going to allow to be put in his body or not. Seems like I've seen a lot of masked people protesting about the same thing. Anyway, many in the fanbase and the media blew his decision out of proportion and deliberately created a feces storm. He was hounded incessantly. He was injured and played through it during several games. People were claiming that he had lost a step and was finished. As recently as two weeks ago posters here were calling him "washed" and doing so with an attitude that put all of their past and present animus on display. By the end of last year Beasley was fed up with the way some of the fanbase and media were treating him. He played through injuries for the Bills with one of those injuries being a broken leg. He was the one who asked for his release and Beane gave it to him.

Cole was considered as one of the top 2 slot receivers in the NFL in 2020. His average per catch went down in 2021 (the year he had to work through injuries)but he still had as many catches as in the previous year. His timing and familiarity with the way Josh read the way the routes should be run was nearly perfect. Slot receivers get a lot or most of the short or medium 3rd down passes.  If it was a 3rd and 7 Beasley would time and again get 8. He was great at knowing just where the sticks were and getting beyond them. He also chipped in with bringing in longer passes and blocking downfield. He's never been a prima donna and displayed a loyalty to the team even when he was being treated like a pariah by many of the fans and instigators the likes of Jerry Sullivan. 

So, Beasley is back and only time will tell if he can't return to his super effectiveness. I welcome his rejoining the Bills and only regret that he had to leave us for nearly a year. Maybe throughout this stint with the Bills he'll be judged on his play with the team and not by people doing so with their own agendas. 

Speaking only for myself, I had no anti-Cole agenda.  He handled his vaccine stance poorly, regardless of your politics on the vaccine issue.  He could have stood his ground and kept it within the team instead of taking to Twitter.  I do not believe his concerns about the vaccine were the sole basis of unhappiness with Cole, it is that he took to social media to thump his chest about his choice and his freedoms.  No one wants to hear that.  He lacked discretion.  I forgive him, he knows he messed up, so let's go Bease.  It was a happy moment for me when he got a grab vs. the Fish, and I bet many, many Bills fans felt the same.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.