Outdoor Security Cameras?

Mark92

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I found out about this issue because people in our town had cars stolen and their cameras and alarm systems caught nothing. After investigation they determined that jammers were used.

if you don't announce the system name, they don't know the frequency.  They could try multiple frequencies but they would be on camera and likely trigger an alarm.  How long ago was this?  It looks like the good guys have caught up.  I have a new base with my camera order that I do not believe uses the common frequency (444.xxhz) but will need to confirm.  and again, almost all home security systems use some form of rf handshake.  Simplisafe also now uses wifi as well.  Finally, 

"Has SimpliSafe been hacked?

No. We protect over 3 million customers in the United States. In over a decade of protecting customers like you, we have yet to receive any reports of actual break-ins tied to any attempted attack on our system like those shown in a few YouTube videos of people messing around with old systems in a controlled, testing environment."

Edited by redtail hawk

33 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

if you don't announce the system name, they don't know the frequency.  They could try multiple frequencies but they would be on camera and likely trigger an alarm.  How long ago was this?  It looks like the good guys have caught up.  I have a new base with my camera order that I do not believe uses the common frequency (444.xxhz) but will need to confirm.  and again, almost all home security systems use some form of rf handshake.  Simplisafe also now uses wifi as well.  Finally, 

"Has SimpliSafe been hacked?

No. We protect over 3 million customers in the United States. In over a decade of protecting customers like you, we have yet to receive any reports of actual break-ins tied to any attempted attack on our system like those shown in a few YouTube videos of people messing around with old systems in a controlled, testing environment."

Hacking is not the same thing as jamming. Just FYI.

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hacking is not the same thing as jamming. Just FYI.

yes, but both speak to the ability to defeat the system, hence "finally".  and the quote mentions old youtube videos most of which dealt with jamming.  the quote from manuf also mentions old you tube videos most of which deal with jamming. in common parlance they are the same, at least on youtube:  when did your local break ins occur?

Edited by redtail hawk

On 12/10/2022 at 11:35 AM, mrags said:

So my neighbor had like 4 Burmese mountain dogs. When I moved in I caught them in my yard a lot. They said the old owner never minded. Well, I mind MFer. I have a 10lb shipoo and your dogs take bigger craps than my dog. One day they heard me complaining (by design) that I would gather all their dog ***** and plop it right on the hood of their cars on a hot sunny day. 

they put in a fence a few months later. 

lol!  honestly though...who in the world thinks it's ok to let their dogs ***** anywhere they want?  especially big dogs?  i have a big yellow lab, and the one dog alone is a chore.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.