Evil Knievel update

Browns | Winslow Out for the Season - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 18 May 2005 16:34:17 -0700

Jim Donovan, of WKYC.com, reports Cleveland Browns TE Kellen Winslow Jr. (knee) will miss the entire 2005 season. His station, Channel 3 News, has learned that Winslow has a significant right knee injury. Results of Winslow's MRI have not been released, but Donovan is reporting sources told him the results show an injury to his ACL. The Winslow family will not allow the information to become public.

I think the guy is a punk and all and I know he had not prooven a damn thing in the NFL, but the guy seems like he is has a ton of talent. For a TE to be selected as high as he was he just must have so much talent. I know the Brownies have been lousy in the draft, but still they must have believed he had huge talent.

I think the guy is a punk and all and I know he had not prooven a damn thing in the NFL, but the guy seems like he is has a ton of talent. For a TE to be selected as high as he was he just must have so much talent. I know the Brownies have been lousy in the draft, but still they must have believed he had huge talent.

They also believed that every one of their 1st round picks (high ones at that) since their inception had huge talent. That doesn't say a whole lot.

They also believed that every one of their 1st round picks (high ones at that) since their inception had huge talent.  That doesn't say a whole lot.

339898[/snapback]

Oh I know. Courtney Brown, Tim Couch and Gerrard Warren. Perhaps others. I just think based on his blood lines that he was a safe pick. He sounds like he had/has the pottential to be in the same class as Shockey and Tony Gonzalez.

Oh I know. Courtney Brown, Tim Couch and Gerrard Warren. Perhaps others. I just think based on his blood lines that he was a safe pick. He sounds like he had/has the pottential to be in the same class as Shockey and Tony Gonzalez.

339901[/snapback]

Shockey is not in the same class as TG either (not yet anyway). He is still more hype than substance. No one has ever gotten more milage out of a single pre-season play than Jeremy Shockey.

p.s. as for the soldja-boy.....life is rough on the battlefield. 0:)

The problem is, children of great players rarely if ever even approach the level of their parents. Add attitude problems and now injury (I always thought he was an injury risk, with those toothpick legs of his), and his career will likely never get on-track.

I know Romeo & Phil ain't real happy.

Apparently, since it is a non-game injury, the Browns are prohibited under the Collective Bargaining Agreement to comment on the injury. Right now, it's up to Winslow and his family, and they're as quiet as church mice.

Mike

He may be the biggest draft bust of all time. Straight out of the shoot he gets hurt. OK, that happens from time to time. Now he wrecks his knee before the first mini-camp. Fugget about this guy. I'll bet his knee is shot for good.

339901[/snapback]

Couch had a number of good games with them - but the Browns saw fit to throw him to the wolves like Cincy did with David Klingler and again with Akili Smith.