Military recruiters now banned from High School

My husband met a military recruiter week before last on a plane from San Antonio. The guy told him he made a point of approaching people in cars with "support our troops" stickers and was becoming quite discouraged at the fact that so far those people had, without exception, told him no WAY were THEY going to sign up.

So much for Supporting the Troops. I guess the bumper sticker is about as far as they're willing to go.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband met a military recruiter week before last on a plane from San Antonio.  The guy told him he made a point of approaching people in cars with "support our troops" stickers and was becoming quite discouraged at the fact that so far those people had, without exception, told him no WAY were THEY going to sign up.

So much for Supporting the Troops.  I guess the bumper sticker is about as far as they're willing to go.

339731[/snapback]

Heinlein was right.

100%. Only veterans should have the right to vote. Because only WE have served and protected this democracy.

The rest of you, well, didn't.

Ever read Starship Troopers?  I think JSP doesn't quite get Heinlein's point in the book...but you should read it if you haven't.  It's very good, if not his best work then certainly in the top 3.

339761[/snapback]

I haven't read it. Its up there though eh? I'll check it out then.

Lately I've been reading a lot of Chuck Palahniuk. He's awesome! I love his satirical looks on human nature and society.

Ever read Starship Troopers?  I think JSP doesn't quite get Heinlein's point in the book...but you should read it if you haven't.  It's very good, if not his best work then certainly in the top 3.

339761[/snapback]

yes, yes, i understand that Heinlein was being snide in his evaluation of his future societ, but in the end, his idea was fundamentally correct. Only those who serve the greater good should have a say in its future. the rest can go back to their American Idol and Access Hollywood.

yes, yes, i understand that Heinlein was being snide in his evaluation of his future societ, but in the end, his idea was fundamentally correct. Only those who serve the greater good should have a say in its future. the rest can go back to their American Idol and Access Hollywood.

339979[/snapback]

Ooooh...you're almost there... 0:)

I don't have to answer that, because RkFast told me you're un-American because a school in Seattle banned military recruiters...   :wacko:

339673[/snapback]

Right...because that was really my point. You show me where in this thread I specificially where I said my point applies to ALL people on the Left, and Ill show you how to get your real handle back, Mr. Genius. Funny...you scoffed at me becuase I didnt get your "sublety" a while back, but youre too dense to understand the basic idea that we're not talking in absolutes here.

:wacko:, indeed.

Same goes for YOU, bluefire and Campy. Where did I exactly say "EVERYONE"?

So many people here who love to pat themselves on the back about how "smart" they are, but still too stupid to undertsand the difference between "(some of) those on" and "all of them".

Heinlein was right.

100%. Only veterans should have the right to vote. Because only WE have served and protected this democracy.

339741[/snapback]

Its a volunteer Army. And I pay my taxes. Im covered.

You show me where in this thread I specificially where I said my point applies to ALL people on the Left

340018[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=339615

...those on the Left "support the troops", right? They can be "against the war but FOR the troops", right?

Looks like an absolute to me. :wacko:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=339615

Looks like an absolute to me.  :wacko:

340044[/snapback]

I dont see the word "EVERYONE" there. Or "all of you". Or "all of you are all the same". Or anything like that.

Is the fact that I didnt mean EVERYONE on the left too SUBTLE

to unnerstand? :wacko:

Lets move on............................................

Heinlein was right.

339741[/snapback]

Failed Syllogism of the day:

Democracy is universal sufferage

Veterans protect universal sufferage

Only veterans should have sufferage

Whats funny is that the same people who look to ban military recruiters from high schools and COLLEGES will whine that the very same military "unfairly targets the poor and minorities".

339615[/snapback]

Hypocracy 101...Againt, the radical leftists in this nation have nothing else to offer except killing babies, gay marriage and military bad. They talk out of both sides of their mouth.

I'd like to see the military pull the bases out of the Seattle area and watch them grovel. It truly is sickening.

This is but another small chip away at the foundation of our nation. We see these small chips at an increasing rate, but eventually the house is going to fall as the foundation crumbles.

340052[/snapback]

Democracy does NOT equal universal sufferage.

Ask the Greeks, Venetians, and our founding fathers.

There are plenty of people in this country unqualified to vote. Idiots and illiterates: or in other words, 90% of the population. My whole point is that the people who least deserve to vote are still allowed to vote... those who leech off the state, those who never served to protect the nation, and those who protest the people who are protecting it.

I dont see the word "EVERYONE" there. Or "all of you". Or "all of you are all the same". Or anything like that.

Is the fact that I didnt mean EVERYONE on the left too SUBTLE

to unnerstand?  :wacko:

Lets move on............................................

340050[/snapback]

What part of "those on the Left" implies "well, not ALL of those on the Left"? What, are you channelling BF today?

Democracy does NOT equal universal sufferage.

Ask the Greeks, Venetians, and our founding fathers.

340079[/snapback]

By its very definition, democracy does equate to universal suffrage. Neither the Greek or Venetian governments were true democracies. The American style of government is not a true democracy either.

340052[/snapback]

Revised Syllogism

Democracy is government by the people

Veterans protect government by the people

Veterans are the only people