Anyone have bunion treatment or surgery?

Punching Bag

My adult daughter has been diagnosed with bunion issue and doctor is recommending surgery.  This issue is preventing her from working due to pain.

My issue is that it appears to have gone from seeing doctor directly to surgery recommendation without sending her first to other treatments.

He did provide two other doctors outside his office to consult with which I will if they are covered by her insurance. but issues on this type of surgery worry me especially since my daughter's overall health is not good.

No.  But wife has them... Seems it is hereditary, her father had them, same with siblings.

Her father always said it was from years "of rolling pipe." 😆...

...Supposed to be hell of a recovery? My wife sits behind a desk, doesn't bother her.  Have a friend that has them.  He gets his ski boot shells heated out so there's a bulge to fit the bunions. 

Good luck... Doesn't sound too pleasant.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

My adult daughter has been diagnosed with bunion issue and doctor is recommending surgery.  This issue is preventing her from working due to pain.

My issue is that it appears to have gone from seeing doctor directly to surgery recommendation without sending her first to other treatments.

He did provide two other doctors outside his office to consult with which I will if they are covered by her insurance. but issues on this type of surgery worry me especially since my daughter's overall health is not good.

Pic?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My MIL has had issues with bunions. For some reason the joints at the bases of her big toes don’t bend normally and it causes her big toes to splay. It’s weird and it appears to have caused bunions and hammer toe. She has not had the surgery but I’ve heard all about it and it sounds horrible. My wife also has similar issues with the same big toe joint and did not want to wind up where her mom is. She heard that using Yoga Toes helped prevent those issues and promoted good toe/foot flexibility. It really has helped her a ton. She swears by them. I used them briefly for a plantar fasciitis flare up and they worked great for that too. Here’s a link:

https://yogatoes.com/collections/all-yoga-toes-products

She uses the Gem ones. One note: our dogs love to chew them up so beware if she has dogs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.