Bills 19th in ESPN Pre-Season Power Ranking

The Time of Possession at the beginning of the 4th quarter was almost the

same for both the teams...Which means both teams offense was on the

field in the 1st 3 qtrs for exactly the same amout of time.

339193[/snapback]

Stop with facts. Noone likes facts. Blam it on Drew, it makes everyone feel better.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Before people go jumping off bridges, they need to realize that not one game has been played yet. 

But then again no one should be surprised when our vaunted D could not stop 3rd stringers from beating us down in a most humiliating fashion.  :D

AND before anyone brings up DB, he wasn't the one that gave up 22 points to scrubs!!!  I know he fumbled for a TD but no one bothered to pick up the blitzer who was on the line making his intentions known before the snap of the ball.  Mike deserves the blame for being stupid.  Either that or Coach McNally didn't teach him or the rest of the line how to adjust to pass rushers.

338808[/snapback]

Shhhhhhh.....Don't you know that the only problem with this team was DB and just by getting rid of him we are a shoe-in for the Super Bowl this year?

Hope its true but I'm thinking maybe there were other problems. Then again, I have a penchant for uttering blasphemies in public. Don't listen to me.

Shhhhhhh.....Don't you know that the only problem with this team was DB and just by getting rid of him we are a shoe-in for the Super Bowl this year? 

Hope its true but I'm thinking maybe there were other problems.  Then again, I have a penchant for uttering blasphemies in public.  Don't listen to me.

339296[/snapback]

Mickey,

I know I have got to be wrong on this now. Since you and I seem to agree on the issue, and the Lord and everyone knows you are always wrong.

:D

who really cares what people think,and to be fair i really like jp,but he is a rookie and to whine about detroit being ranked higher so what they did have a nice draft and they did add a nice veteran qb,we have lost some defensive players and we didnt have a strong draft this year so lets just play the games before we start caring about what the experts feel we are going to do.....go bills in'05

339296[/snapback]

Yeah, the very idea that ESPN would look take this team at face value - decent at 9-7 but taking a temporary step back with a rookie quarterback - is outrageous! They should realize that all of our losses were due to DB, and JP will not make any of his own mistakes!

The Time of Possession at the beginning of the 4th quarter was almost the

same for both the teams...Which means both teams offense was on the

field in the 1st 3 qtrs for exactly the same amout of time.

339193[/snapback]

That may be so...at the end of the 3rd Qtr. But lets take a look at the first two QTRs. And then we'll take a gander at the TOP for the entire game.

Time of Possession:

1st QTR, Pittsburgh = 10 minutes, 23 seconds. Buffalo = 4 minutes, 37 seconds.

2nd QTR, Pittsburgh = 8 minutes, 35 seconds. Buffalo = 6 minutes, 25 seconds.

So by halftime, the Steelers had the ball almost twice the time we did, in only a 30 minute span.

You're right though, in the 3rd QTR the balance did shift and our Defense got a chance to rest, and our Offense subsequently blew it. I was at the game, I saw with my own eyes our Offense sputter and flop when we needed them to perform. 3 measley points against backups in the 3rd QTR. And then, in the 4th...the Steelers had a 10:22 minute TOP compared to our 4:38 TOP, pushing the total for the game being Pittsburgh 35:03 to our 24:57.

Watching that game, by the 3rd QTR our Defense was exhausted by the extensive playing time they had in the 1st and 2nd QTR. Drew Bledsoe was terrible and couldnt get put together a string of good decisions. Our Defense was bad because they couldnt catch a break in the 1st half of the game. And our Special Teams fumbled far too many chances away. It was a complete team loss.