Is Tom Brady the best QB in the NFL?

Simon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he doesn't have 8 seconds to throw the ball, he looks very average. Todd Collins could hit a man with 8 seconds to throw the ball.

25333[/snapback]

I know you're an anonymous guest, so you have no real reason to ever even admit that you made this ridculous statement, but if it's not too much trouble, would you mind going through a tape of last night's game with a stopwatch and making note of all the plays on which Brady had eight seconds throw? Thanks. For extra credit, you could also take not of how many times Brady had to evade a defender to avoid a sack.

I'd take McNair first then Brady second. In regards to trying to stop Brady, I wouldn't even bother putting safeties on the field. He absolute torches the week secondary links. Play 4 corners (we have 4 pretty good cover corners) and dare them to run the ball against your front 7. They have 4 quick receivers that can get open and Brady needs little room to get the ball in there. When one of these guys matches up against a safety, it's no contest. NE's tight ends are talented but really don't scare me. You have to win 1-on-1 matchups with their wideouts.

All this time half of us were saying its the system NE runs that generates his success.  I don't think so.  There weren't many dink and dunk passes last night.  Those were accurate middle distance to long throws.

This a good point. The offense was definitely dink and dunk in '01 and '02, but that changed in '03, but not a lot of people caught on (mainly because the idiotic NFL media was too stupid to see the difference). Those of us who regularly watched the games saw that the Pats' favorite pass play went from the 5-10 yard crossing route to the 15-25 yard in.

The question could be answered, somewhat, by the hypothetical of: If you were a GM in the league, and there was an expansion draft of all NFL players, and you didnt know who your line and coaches and fellow offensive and defensive players were going to be, and you had first pick of quarteracks, who would you take? Counting everything.

IMO, the choices of the 32 would be divided. Some would take Brady. Some would take Manning. Some would take Vick. A couple may take a McNair or Culpepper.

IMO, a slightly higher percentage would take Manning and maybe even Vick over Brady. It's a tough call. The Pats have a perfect system for Brady. But his talent is unquestionable at this time. I am not sure he would fare as well on a crappy team as perhaps Vick would, or even Manning. It's hard to say.

The more I think of it, though, considering everything we know and everything we think we know, based on age, experience, smarts, talent, intangibles, right now I would take Brady #1.

Brady already has experience playing on a crappy team.  His current team was 7-19 in its last 26 before he stepped in.

25383[/snapback]

So you're implying that the 20 or so new players that the Pats brought in that year had very little effect on their defense, and receiving corps, and running game, and tight ends, and it was all Tom Brady? That they would have won the 2000 Super Bowl if Brady was there and not Bledsoe? So the Super Bowl winning Patriots were a crappy team, except they had Tom Brady. Thanks for playing.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the love for Tommy Two Rings here.  Can someone please make a gay joke, or perhaps irrationally defend Bledsoe?  Am I in an alternate universe?  :unsure:

25319[/snapback]

At least we can say this: The Bills have the best fan forum site. Exhibit A and B: You and HolleywoodDon, who spend more time here and post more than most Bills fans. Those Pats boards must be awfully dusty. And it you spend as much time there as here, then how on EARTH do you guys find the time in your lives?

This isn't a knock or a trashing. I'm genuinely curious. Even though I think FMike is too critical of bledsoe and HDon is strangely obsessed with Donahoe, it IS pretty nice to have "other team" regulars who are civil.

At least we can say this: The Bills have the best fan forum site. Exhibit A and B: You and HolleywoodDon, who spend more time here and post more than most Bills fans.  Those Pats boards must be awfully dusty. And it you spend as much time there as here, then how on EARTH do you guys find the time in your lives?

This isn't a knock or a trashing. I'm genuinely curious. Even though I think FMike is too critical of bledsoe and HDon is strangely obsessed with Donahoe, it IS pretty nice to have "other team" regulars who are civil.

25405[/snapback]

I'm not sure if Hollywood and I are being ripped or complimented here. :unsure:

How can you argue with his record, play and stats over the last 18 games? Who else has had that level of remarkable consistancy? No one. Brady over and over again found the right receiver and threw balls only a few would/could try, let alone make. I saw him make one, maybe two poorly thrown balls (both sailed over the receiver) and one he should not have thrown.

I hate to say it but he's on his way to a Hall of Fame-type career.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

You can't say no... obviously, based upon his track record, AND with last night's performance, this guy just wins games, AND has 'IT'.

It SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losman on the horizon... BLIP... BLIP... BLIP!!! :unsure::w00t:

I'm a little uncomfortable with the love for Tommy Two Rings here.  Can someone please make a gay joke, or perhaps irrationally defend Bledsoe?  Am I in an alternate universe?  :unsure:

25319[/snapback]

Ok, Tom Brady walks into a gay bar...

Brady is really, really good.

The frightening thing to me is he's not yet peaked. Nor has he really had a very good group of players complementing him at QB. With Dillon and those TE's and all of them WR's it looks like he might finally have the studs to help him like say Manning has.