WBUF 92.9 Changed format today

It appears 92.9 in Buffalo has changed it's format yet again...

Instead of talk around the clock, they are now a "JACK" station.

The JACK format is getting very popular across the country. The premise is basically they can play almost any type of music at any given time. 70's, 80's, 90's, etc .. Pop, rock, dance, maybe even rap????

I will be interested if this survives.

Howard Stern was still on today till the normal time, and THANK GOD the wheeze show from Rochester is gone. That was the WORST show I have ever listened to....For the past 2 months its been nothing but how this guy has struggled getting over cancer, how bad the treatments are, ect. I guess this guy is big in Rochester???....Not what I want to listen to..

Anyways, I hope the Don and Mike show is still on..We shall see at 3:00.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The JACK format is getting very popular across the country.  The premise is basically they can play almost any type of music at any given time.  70's, 80's, 90's, etc .. Pop, rock, dance, maybe even rap???? 

Howard Stern was still on today till the normal time, and THANK GOD the wheeze show from Rochester is gone.  That was the WORST show I have ever listened to....For the past 2 months its been nothing but how this guy has struggled getting over cancer, how bad the treatments are, ect.  I guess this guy is big in Rochester???....Not what I want to listen to..

337497[/snapback]

Down here, we have the same thing, but it is called BOB radio...isn't it great that the Wal-martization of America can be applied to anything...the only good radio is college radio, anymore....

The JACK format is getting very popular across the country.  The premise is basically they can play almost any type of music at any given time.  70's, 80's, 90's, etc .. Pop, rock, dance, maybe even rap???? 

Howard Stern was still on today till the normal time, and THANK GOD the wheeze show from Rochester is gone.  That was the WORST show I have ever listened to....For the past 2 months its been nothing but how this guy has struggled getting over cancer, how bad the treatments are, ect.  I guess this guy is big in Rochester???....Not what I want to listen to..

337497[/snapback]

Wease has been going down hill over the last five years. I never understood them getting introduced in another market when there are four other morning shows here that I think are better (Rochester).

As far as Don & Mike, I enjoyed them for a couple years but now they just irriate me. Like Jim Rome. I do a lot of driving in my job so I may just have gotten sick of them.

Down here, we have the same thing, but it is called BOB radio...isn't it great that the Wal-martization of America can be applied to anything...the only good radio is college radio, anymore....

Sirius is great, local radio and clear channel can suck it.

Wease has been going down hill over the last five years. I never understood them getting introduced in another market when there are four other morning shows here that I think are better (Rochester).

As far as Don & Mike, I enjoyed them for a couple years but now they just irriate me. Like Jim Rome. I do a lot of driving in my job so I may just have gotten sick of them.

337571[/snapback]

The best morning show is the The BEE Morning Coffee Club. Although, it isn't the same without Bill Coffey. :D

We've had a couple stations down here in Atlanta go Latin on us.

337583[/snapback]

Unless they broadcast to the Vatican, I would expect their ratings to go way down. "WGOD - High holy masses all day, every day, just the way you like it!".

It's nice to see that again, but I think it's doomed - with I-pod's etc., folks are listening to the small subset of what they like - repeatedly.  I feel this is not a good thing for music developement, - makes for minds in a rut - 

337600[/snapback]

I agree and I think that those of us of a certain age were quite lucky to have come of musical age, as it were, during the early days of MTV. MTV played a lot of stuff that I never would have listened to otherwise, and they didn't group their videos into hour-long category shows, either. It was basically a 24-hour shuffle format. Yes you got "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and "Jump" a dozen times a day, but you also got a lot of variety otherwise, particularly later at night. It opened my eyes to a lot of different kinds of music -- whereas today I listen to just my own CDs.

Unless they broadcast to the Vatican, I would expect their ratings to go way down.  "WGOD - High holy masses all day, every day, just the way you like it!".

337596[/snapback]

No no no.. I mean Latin America. It's all Spanish.

337571[/snapback]

Is Wease a big deal in Rochester? I mean COME ON - they talked about his cancer treatment hour after hour, day after day...I was ready to poke my eyes out ( or just change the station :D ) They talk about this guy like he is a living deity. Detail after detail about what he is eating, how sick he is getting, how much he hates life...

I'm pissed. I loved Tom Leykis' show at night!

337590[/snapback]

Yikes..

I can't stand that guy. He sounds like Sam Kinisons evil twin.

Guess I am getting too old to appreciate round the clock talk about getting laid and how stupid women are :D

Is Wease a big deal in Rochester?  I mean COME ON - they talked about his cancer treatment hour after hour, day after day...I was ready to poke my eyes out ( or just change the station :D )  They talk about this guy like he is a living deity.  Detail after detail about what he is eating, how sick he is getting, how much he hates life...

337662[/snapback]

He's big, but not as big as he use to be. For quite a few years he owned the Rochester morning shows but not as much in the last few years. He was one of the emcees at Woodstock in 1994. I feel for the guy, really I do. But, we all have problems and quite honestly when you are driving to work you are looking for a pick me up rather than a downer. I can understand talking about it, but to the extent they do is overkill.

He's big, but not as big as he use to be. For quite a few years he owned the Rochester morning shows but not as much in the last few years. He was one of the emcees at Woodstock in 1994. I feel for the guy, really I do. But, we all have problems and quite honestly when you are driving to work you are looking for a pick me up rather than a downer. I can understand talking about it, but to the extent they do is overkill.

337697[/snapback]

Thats exactly how I feel...

The show was only on here in Buffalo for a few months, and I never could figure out the point of it??

I am glad it's off the air here...I really SUCKS that Don and Mike appear gone though - I really like that show..

Oh well