Anyone else worried about Rosenhaus, McGahee?

It seems to be a trend among rosenhaus' clientale to have a great season and then a take a hard-line negotiation on reworking their current contract.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see mcgahee have a breakout season and lead the NFL in rushing. But i would also be lying to you if wasn't weary of what a great season may mean. Mcgahee has a 200-yard game and I';m dazzled and excited as a fan. He has 120-yard game a week later, and he's having a brilliant season. I'm happy but in the back of my mind is worry about what greed will do.

Maybe this is a silly thing to worry about, but with all this TO stuff (and javon walker) it seems like this could happen with mcgahee as well.

It seems to be a trend among rosenhaus' clientale to have a great season and then a take a hard-line negotiation on reworking  their current contract.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see mcgahee have a breakout season and lead the NFL in rushing. But i would also be lying to you if wasn't weary of what a great season may mean. Mcgahee has a 200-yard game and I';m dazzled and excited as a fan. He has 120-yard game a week later, and he's having a brilliant season. I'm happy but in the back of my mind is worry about what greed will do.

Maybe this is a silly thing to worry about, but with all this TO stuff (and javon walker) it seems like this could happen with mcgahee as well.

337033[/snapback]

I'm not losing sleep over it, but I think you're right. Even a good half-season may well bring out the "pay him or trade him" B.S. from Rosenhaus. (never from Willis, of course!) He showed signs of it last year.

I think TD is well aware of that possibility, and probably preparing for it as best he can. The truth is you cannot let any player dictate to you...ever! The T.O's and Randy Moss's of the NFL make a lot of noise, but you'll never see any rings on their fingers. That's because TEAMS win championships. No one player is ever that important, and no player that would put himself above the team is worth keeping around.

PTR

I'm not losing sleep over it, but I think you're right.  Even a good half-season may well bring out the "pay him or trade him" B.S. from Rosenhaus. (never from Willis, of course!)  He showed signs of it last year.

I think TD is well aware of that possibility, and probably preparing for it as best he can.  The truth is you cannot let any player dictate to you...ever!  The T.O's and Randy Moss's of the NFL make a lot of noise, but you'll never see any rings on their fingers.  That's because TEAMS win championships.  No one player is ever that important, and no player that would put himself above the team is worth keeping around.

PTR

337038[/snapback]

What is a great season or what do think Rosenhaus' definition is?

It seems to be a trend among rosenhaus' clientale to have a great season and then a take a hard-line negotiation on reworking  their current contract.

337033[/snapback]

I do not think it is a silly worry at all. If we do not make playoffs I am thinking if he gets injured enough to miss end of season it will hurt his market value and that will be good for Bills. I also think the Bills ought to use another back in relief to prevent him from reaching any incentives when games are not in question. He was paid for two years to play for one year and I would not be surprised if Rosenass demanded that he be paid more next year. I certainly will be voting AGAINST him in probowl bid.

We all know its coming, so why lose sleep over it.  I'm sure Rosenhaus and the son of satan can come to an arrangement.

337070[/snapback]

Hey that's Mr. Son of Satan. Give Mr. Son of Satan the respect he demands/deserves or you will rue the day that you didn't.

On a side note, I agree with you that Rosenhaus and Mr. Son of Satan will work things out.

I read somewhere recently (USA Today Sports Weekly, perhaps?) that most of Rosenhaus' clients who are currently holding out had different agents when they signed their original deals, meaning they don't pay DR unless he gets them a new contract. If true, that explains a few things.

But that's not true in Willis' case; DR is the only agent he's had, correct? And now that he's starting, the incentive clauses should begin to kick in. End result.... I think we're OK for now.

First and foremost Professional Athletics is a JOB. Like any job if you do it well and or better than your peers you deserve a raise, a bonus whatever, but you deserve to be rewarded for the effort you put in.

As fans we lose sight of that this is their job. Pro Sports is their livelehood, they put in for it, with offseason workouts, weight training, speed training, minicamps. training camp, practices, and games on weekends.Even while "minimum salary" of nfl players is more than a lot of us will ever see in our lifetime, It is impossible to expect pro ball players to take less money than their effort is worth for the good of the team or us fans.

Now with that said. If and when Willis has a big year, he should be rewarded for his efforts and rightfully so. I wouldn't be willing to take less for my job if I do it better than the majority of my coworkers just for the good of the company, as I expect none of you woule either. If he produces he gets paid end of story.

None of Rosenhaus' holdouts have gotten a new deal. None will. The owners are telling him to go screw himself and the players to report or be fined heavily. What an idiot. He must need money for some new shirts or something.

None of Rosenhaus' holdouts have gotten a new deal. None will. The owners are telling him to go screw himself and the players to report or be fined heavily. What an idiot. He must need money for some new shirts or something.

337124[/snapback]

santana moss got paid.......o-gun also forced a trade to the bears and was rewarded with a huge deal........i'm sure there are other examples.......

337033[/snapback]

This is something I have been concerned about since McGahee won the starting job this past season. I listen to a lot of sports talk radio (probably too much) and I heard Rosenhaus interviewed prior to last season. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it very much lead me to believe that McGahee would be holding out, at some point for a more lucrative deal. When asked how McGahee was doing, and if he felt McGahee was ready to go full throtle, Rosenhaus said something to the effect of, "Once the Bills give Willis the chance to play, we will charge the team with "theft of services", for what he is being paid. He is going to be a superstar!" I posted this way back then, and was put in the Rudy category. Maybe it is just worrying for nothing, but nothing Rosenhaus has said or done (or Willis for that matter) has given me the sense that "team loyalty" is a high priority, but money is.

My nutty theory is that, in part, the Bills drafted Roscoe Parrish and Kevin Everett, not only because they might have filled a need, but it was also a small attempt to soften the ground for trying to work out a new deal with McGahee, before it becomes an issue, and gets ugly. TD always seems to have "next year" in his peripheral vision, which is what makes him a good GM. It was a small gesture toward making Willis feel like he is the cornerstone of the franchise, and if he likes the makeup of the team, and the city, he is less likely to try to rake the team over the coals when it comes time to re-negotiate.

Not to be totally paranoid, but is it possible that TD has some fears that Rosenhaus/McGahee could pull something this year? All of the sudden, being adamant about not "giving away" Travis makes a little more sense...

Do you worry about stepping off the curb and getting hit by a bus?

Why are you looking for the worst of things to happen?

Relax, man, left life play itself out.

Geez Louise, do you think Willis is a whining wiener like Terrell Owens? Give him a break.

Personally I hope willis rushes for over 1500 yards and double digit td's, and improves in all aspects of the game while gaining his speed back to break off the bigger runs. When he does I'll be wearing a big smile on my face. I'll enjoy it as a fan, and I'll let the agent and the team worry about paying the player, while I enjoy the individual and hopefulyl team success of players of the Buffalo Bills.

With that said, maybe I'm a little bias cause Mcgahee was one of my favorite college players ever and I was stoked as hell when we got him, and I truly believe if he has a big year he should be paid for it. Teams can still pay players large salaries and have success. The Pats paid ty law, the rams had marshall faulk, kurt warner, ike bruce, torry holt, az hakim and won the superbowl and went to 2.

Even the great Brett Favre has had contract disputes. The colts are a perenail playoff/sb caliber team and they're paying peyton manning, marvin harrison, and franchised edge. Terrell Owens had a huge game in the superbowl and was obviousily their mvp this season although some might argue mcnabb but hell they pay him a lot too. Owens btw has plenty of heart, he just wants a deal worthy of his level of talent. Agents are hired to get their clients paid.

I hope Willis sticks around here for a long long time with a big fat contract to keep him happy, as plenty of teams have proven you can pay stars and still build championship caliber teams.

337033[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding. :blink:

What do you mean "IF"?? :D

We all know the agents run the show now. Get in line cadet!

Even the great Brett Favre has had contract disputes. The colts are a perenail playoff/sb caliber team and they're paying peyton manning, marvin harrison, and franchised edge.  Terrell Owens had a huge game in the superbowl and was obviousily their mvp this season although some might argue mcnabb but hell they pay him a lot too.  Owens btw has plenty of heart, he just wants a deal worthy of his level of talent.  Agents are hired to get their clients paid.   

337143[/snapback]

Hey, just curious. When did Brett Favre have a contract dispute? I seriously do not remember this. Not doubting you, just curious about the specifics..

I certainly will be voting AGAINST him in probowl bid.

337062[/snapback]

Good God man are you crazy?

I for one hope Willis has a HUGE CONTRACT ALTERING PRO BOWL YEAR!

Why on earth would anyone hope that he didn't? Isn't he worth any renegotiation if he does?

Maybe we would be better off with another average RB. :blink: Maybe you should hope for JP to have a really bad year too :D , then we can speculate the on the "who really hurt us more" JP, WM or asinine posters. :D

I as a Bills fan hope that all posters like you die a very painful useless death!