Hotel options and ride to game

Dave in Avon Lake now

Not a Schwabls guy.  Ickles, Eckles can’t remember the spelling in OP on the corner of Jewitt Homewood.  That was a good beef on weck. 

Silly, but my favorite was where I grew up working since I was 12.  K of C in Lackawanna.  They had the best Beef on Weck.  I think they’re closed now.  Haven’t been there in 25 years, so long time ago.

Forget Red Carpet or Stadium Inn.

Econo Lodge Buffalo South is near entrance to I-90 and many will be going in that direction.

It is not fancy but it is clean place.  It is walkable from stadium. 2.4 Miles.

Night before take Uber/Lyft to where you are going.

If you walk towards hotel you will likely find drivers who will give a ride.

Bring a sign "Not a  Deshaun Watson fan!"

4344 Milestrip Rd, Buffalo, NY 14219•(716) 825-7530

14 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I was only kidding, ALWAYS TIP YOUR DRIVER,  it hurts but you got to do it...

Is driver tipping anything like cow tipping?

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I was only kidding, ALWAYS TIP YOUR DRIVER,  it hurts but you got to do it...

After a round of March Madness in Orlando, followed by hours of bar time, I needed a late ride to my hotel in what turned out to be a sketchy area. It was really late, and drivers were few. The guy who picked me up said “I was going home for the night, but I saw you were a 5.0 rider. That’s rare, so I decided on one more ride.”

Translation? I think I may tip too much but I’m sure by now some drivers have seen thru that and may rating has dropped. Tip well, and as the New Orleans cab signs say “don’t puke, pee or poop in the car”. There is a fine for that. They have those signs for a reason. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Is driver tipping anything like cow tipping?

When our son was in high school I found a can of florescent orange spray paint in his car. I was afraid to ask, but a parent has to do such things. I think it’s a rule. He explained that he went out with a friend from the football team and they were going cow tipping. When they saw how peaceful the cows were, they didn’t have the heart to “tip them”, so they decided to “decorate them”. 

That’s a strange thing to be proud of, but I’m glad they had a heart. Some farmer may disagree.   🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.