Do or Die tonight for the Amerks

Game 5 tonight at 8:30, again on Time Warner ch 98 for Rochester area fans.

Down 3-1 it is not looking good, but if any team can come back it's the Amerks, as they proved last year against Syracuse. Amerks will be without Vanek and Thorburn, who has a broken jaw do to a dirty hit to the boards during the last game. There was also no penalty called on the play. More evidence that the zebras are giving this series to Manitoba. The Moose are the only Canadian team left and the league definitely wants to keep a Canadian team around.

All I can hope for is that McMorrow is on the ice tonight to keep Manitoba from the cheapshots they have been throwing around.

Down 3-1 it is not looking good, but if any team can come back it's the Amerks, as they proved last year against Syracuse.  Amerks will be without Vanek and Thorburn, who has a broken jaw do to a dirty hit to the boards during the last game.  There was also no penalty called on the play.  More evidence that the zebras are giving this series to Manitoba.  The Moose are the only Canadian team left and the league definitely wants to keep a Canadian team around. 

All I can hope for is that McMorrow is on the ice tonight to keep Manitoba from the cheapshots they have been throwing around.

335954[/snapback]

A Sabres affiliate gets a no call that should be against the other team, should we expect anything less??? :o:w00t:

Down 3-1 it is not looking good, but if any team can come back it's the Amerks, as they proved last year against Syracuse.  Amerks will be without Vanek and Thorburn, who has a broken jaw do to a dirty hit to the boards during the last game.  There was also no penalty called on the play.  More evidence that the zebras are giving this series to Manitoba.  The Moose are the only Canadian team left and the league definitely wants to keep a Canadian team around. 

335954[/snapback]

Despite all the injuries, my biggest disapointment is how small Miller's come up in the series so far.

This is a guy that many touted as the Sabres' starter in 2006, based on the hot streak the Amerks put together earlier this year. He's not shown me enough mental toughness in this series and he gave up some questionable goals in Round 1 as well.

Do you think they overworked him down the stretch when they were trying to get that "Win" record for him?

Tonight, win or lose, he's got to have a "stand on your head" game if he's going to make himself a viable replacement to Biron next year.

Despite all the injuries, my biggest disapointment is how small Miller's come up in the series so far. 

This is a guy that many touted as the Sabres' starter in 2006, based on the hot streak the Amerks put together earlier this year.  He's not shown me enough mental toughness in this series and he gave up some questionable goals in Round 1 as well.

Do you think they overworked him down the stretch when they were trying to get that "Win" record for him?  

Tonight, win or lose, he's got to have a "stand on your head" game if he's going to make himself a viable replacement to Biron next year.

336028[/snapback]

Personally, I think Mika Noronen's better than the both of them. Miller always seems to let one in in the first five minutes so the Amerks always seem to be trying to dig themselves out of a hole. I don't even want to get started on Biron. Marty lets in some of the most awful goals I've ever seen. And he always seems to lose the game for the Sabres in the last five minutes. At least Miller and Noronen are still playing, whereas our starting goaltender Biron, hasn't competed since the Sabres last game last April '04. Scary.....

This is the most pitiful performance from a so-called "desperate" team that I have ever seen. My 7-year-old daughter hits harder than these lifeless turds. Miller looks like his confidence is shot as well.

Amerks had a 5 on 3 for almost a full minute and got maybe 1 shot on goal. This was when they were still only 1 down. Someone should also tell Cunneyworth that he does have a timeout and is allowed to use it before the last 3 minutes of a game. He should have used it after the Moose scored 2 goals in 18 seconds to take the lead.

Gee, I guess all I have to watch now is the NBA playoffs....yippeee!!!

Having concussion symptoms after taking a cheapshot to the melon.  And guess what, no penalty called that I recall.

336327[/snapback]

Didn't the Moose take 2 other offensive scorers out of this series with cheap shots too?

Ryan Miller melts down...throws puck at ref after 5th Moose goal!    Good thing it hit another player first.

336347[/snapback]

Are you serious? Are they soft goals?

Are you serious? Are they soft goals?

336350[/snapback]

Miller got bulled into the net by the offenseman and wanted a penalty.

Morrison took Cullen into the boards face-first and again no penalty. Gaustad finally took matters into his own hands and jumped Morrison and pummeled him. He received a double minor, 4 minutes.

Adios Muchachos!!!

Ryan Miller said it. "This was unacceptable" No kidding, most ever points by an Amerks team during the regular season and are then ousted in round 2.

Don Stevens says "this team should be proud of their accomplishments during the regular season with 112 pts. setting a new club record". Hey Don, no one cares, the best team in the league just got spanked in the 2nd rd and no one remembers the 112 pts right now. :o

miller is a nice project. but his melt downs - LATE IN GAMES IS suspect IMHO. regier said this too, that late in games the netminder makes his salary. who gives a sh-- in the 1st and 2nd periods, it is when the ice is choppy and the ref put the whistle away and the grinders score late in playoff games where a goalie is key (see brodeur, roy, belfour)

miller is a nice project.   but his melt downs - LATE IN GAMES IS suspect IMHO.   regier said this too, that late in games the netminder makes his salary.  who gives a sh-- in the 1st and 2nd periods, it is when the ice is choppy and the ref put the whistle away and the grinders score late in playoff games where a goalie is key (see brodeur, roy, belfour)

336361[/snapback]

On the plus side, Miller is still a pup at 22 years old and has gained alot of experience in the AHL. He is a good goalie who will become a great goalie in the near future I believe.