3rd Jersey

I really don't think it is going to be a "throwback" EXACT replica, I don't think that would look good with our current helmets... If they wear true "throwbacks" then I want them to do it all the way, the pants, socks, helmets, jerseys... everything. Half-way throwbacks may look strange..... kinda like when we put the white buffalo on the red helmet :D

I hate throwback jerseys and I think the Bills throwbacks are way too boring. It's just a stupid marketing ploy that I wish they would either drop or pick another game for. First game out of the gate and we're wearing throwback uniforms???? I think the JP's first start is enough excitement thank you very much.

I was told that TD wants to go back to the old leather helmets and high-top cleats for the "throwback" uniform. Don't worry about the colors... they'll all be black & white and shades of grey. They didn't have color TV back then.

Seriously, I sure wish they'd bring back the great jazz band that used to play for Bills games in the corner opposite the Dodge St tunnel at the Rockpile. They were really good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The jersey will not be a direct copy of the '65 uni. It will be some futuristic version with a touch of old school in it. They will go for something "cool for the kids".

I'd love to see a direct copy of the '65 uni, but I don't see it happening.

Here is the 1965 uniform...I remember some red trim on the sleeve stripes, though, both home and away.

Hope they make the old timers, i.e. Kemp, Cookie, etc available in this style.

1965 Bills uni's

And please, for all in the name of God that is good, no red helmet with a white standing buffalo like we saw in 1994!

My avatar shows Jack Kemp in 1964. That's the jersey the throwback may resemble. ( I own that identical Kemp jersey ) It was new that year, changed from the shoulder stripe jerseys Lori was speaking about. The following season, they added the blue stripes on both sides of the center red stripe on the helmet. My father went up to Brand Names and bought that new helmet for me in the summer of 1965 ( made by Franklin sports ). It still sits in the next room of my house. :o

My avatar shows Jack Kemp in 1964. That's the jersey the throwback may resemble. ( I own that identical Kemp jersey )  It was new that year, changed from the shoulder stripe jerseys Lori was speaking about. The following season, they added the blue stripes on both sides of the center red stripe on the helmet. My father went up to Brand Names and bought that new helmet for me in the summer of 1965 ( made by Franklin sports ). It still sits in the next room of my house. :o

336411[/snapback]

Yeah, but can you get that big melon head of yours inside the helmet nowadays?

The NFL should make every team play the opener every year in early 1920's jerseys and equipment. Leather Helmets with no facemasks, wool jerseys, canvas pants and spikes with metal cleats. It would make every player appreciate what they have now and we could all read, talk about and watch countless hours of SportsCenter about all of the player fatalities on opening day.